An American tragedy...

VaKo

"They'll know that in 2006, Congress passed a tyrannical law that will be ranked with the low points in American democracy, our generation's version of the Alien and Sedition Acts."

If this is passed, I will puke.

Growning up, I was proud of my country. Today I look around and finally understand what's occuring around myself and realize the backstabbing this so-call demogracy has done to the people it governs.

"A government for the people, by the people", my ass. The system has become far too large and powerful, the ideas and beliefs of the american citizens are not being represented. Bush believes he's leading the would into a new era of freedom. In truth, he's leading us into a dark oblivion. I'm actually scared now. I'm actually scared for the future of the 300 millionish people who call the USA their home. I'm in fear of the retailiations by other nations caused by our moronic president and congress.

What will be accomplished by giving Bush the power to decide what is torture, to give him that much more power? We will fall to the same level as the rebel groups in Afaganistan who cut off people's heads with dull swords.

And it was all for what? For republicans to get re-elected? For the government to stay in southen hick control?

It's time for a revolt to occur. It's time for the people of this great country to stand up and say no, we will not let this shit occur. Not here, not now, not ever. If the great majority of people distrust Bush so much, then kick his ass out of office and shoot him on the white house lawn. Hang his body for all republicans and democrates to see. All for one purpose: We elect you to do the right thing for this country, for the world. To listen to what the people who put you there want done and do so. To uphold their beliefs.

But if you fall out of line, you will be taken out. Politically and physically.

The government should exist in fear of it's people, not the other way around.

</violent rant, sorry guys>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5390848.stm

It passed. Its sickening, especially the level of complicity within the american population (or just the american population that is shown in your media). You do not have the right to torture people, end of argument. Especially when you invaded 2 countrys killing hundreds of thousands of people for pretty much the same thing. I cannot tell you how sorry I feel for your country, I really hope you can sort out this disgrace and reinstate the honor your countrys lost.

And yes, we have similar problems in the UK, with people who feel that basic human rights are an "option", not a given. These truely are dark times.

Perhaps it's time for another Civil movment, or perhaps another contry with strong millatary power (The UK?) to invade America to save the Americans from the American Goverment (Just like the Americans invaded Iraq to save the Iraqie people from the Iraqie Goverment). This legislation clearly violates the genvneva convention.

Damn it all. Just the other night before i heard about this I was having a conversation with my dad. I predicted that we would have some sort of revolution. If this is just the start, we might have one on our hands soon

Perhaps it's time for another Civil movment, or perhaps another contry with strong millatary power (The UK?) to invade America to save the Americans from the American Goverment (Just like the Americans invaded Iraq to save the Iraqie people from the Iraqie Goverment). This legislation clearly violates the genvneva convention.

Ya but do you really want to attack us now!? I mean Bush would love to launch a few nukes at someone... and barring that now if we catch you we can torture you...

Protests protests where can I find a good one?

At this point in time, I would welcome a revolution on american soil to overturn this bullshit. Whether it be by american citizens rising up or a British invasion, i don't care. All I care about it running home to grab my aresenal of weapons in time to join the rebellion.

Not going to work, America seems to be spending every cent it can find/borrow on its military. (check down the back of your sofa's people!) So they can pretty much stamp on anyone they want with very little problem. What i can see happening is the economy collapsing due to a lack of long term investment in anything other than bigger, faster and smarter bombs. At which point the rest of the world will do nothing, no aid, no loans, no help, we'll just sit there and watch. But if that happens something will have to be done about the nuclear weapons they have.

The UK won't invade, our goverment is pretty much under the american thumb due to treatys signed back in the 80's for missile tech. Plus, our army is decrepit.

In any case' date=' you say you welcome a govement over throw, but would you be willing to fight either with a faction or the invading British?[/quote']

All realism and practicality aside, I believe the faction would hold very similar beliefs as the British. If not, then we'll just have to kick your ass again. I'm of course, kidding.

What i can see happening is the economy collapsing due to a lack of long term investment in anything other than bigger' date=' faster and smarter bombs. At which point the rest of the world will do nothing, no aid, no loans, no help, we'll just sit there and watch.[/quote']

If I recall correctly, approximently 75 percent of our debt is floated by foriegn investors. Once the economy crashes, the value of everything in terms of currency would evaporate and the only assets left to the american gov't and businesses would be their physical assets, which would probably be destroyed by the sheer chaos of the masses.

A nuclear strike on our part would never occur. Our so-called leader is an arrogant asshole, not Hitler.

Haven't you guys gotten rid of a lot of your gold & silver reserves? Something to do with Nixon i think, but I can't find any information on it.

As fo your nuke stockpile, if your county does go belly up, having that many nukes in the middle of the ensuing crisis might be a Bad Thing. "Holy Fire", sinners & bible belt nutters etc etc

And I hear your goverment is building a new generation of smaller "battlefield ready" nukes to use against hardened bunkers and cave systems like tora bora.

Not going to work, America seems to be spending every cent it can find/borrow on its military. (check down the back of your sofa's people!) So they can pretty much stamp on anyone they want with very little problem. What i can see happening is the economy collapsing due to a lack of long term investment in anything other than bigger, faster and smarter bombs. At which point the rest of the world will do nothing, no aid, no loans, no help, we'll just sit there and watch. But if that happens something will have to be done about the nuclear weapons they have.

Get me a map of all knowen air bases and missle silos, I'll come up with a plan :twisted:

<seriuse>

If it start as a Civil movment, the goverment would not blow up it's own contry. They might blow up data centers all over the the country (oh nose, teh Google.com is not responding!!) to cover up any evidence of there braking the law, but they wouldn't bomb there own contry.

</seriuse>

The UK won't invade, our goverment is pretty much under the american thumb due to treatys signed back in the 80's for missile tech. Plus, our army is decrepit.

At least Tony is leaving. Good riddens, the worst priminister ever. Lets bring Magi back :twisted:

Nixon took us off the gold standard, meaning that you cant just go and exchange your money for gold. We still have some, but its not really used except for a bit of a solid base for our money, even though its seperate

/me relises some thing

If the American Goverment (or what remaind of it) shut down power stations... once the power back up for ICANN runs out... the Internet will basicly stop working... asuming server admins don't interveen changing there server from "Update off the ICANN server" to "Errr... remeber every thing you alredy know".

Nah, there are non US backups in place, so in the event that something like that happend, the rest of the world would probally put something together to replace it before it got to that point. China for instance is working on its own system due to the US resistance to a: allow the rest of the world control and b: use non-western characters in domain names.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_nameserver

(check out the links in this article)

This is really bad. I think that the reason that much of this is allowed to happen is because too many americans just don't care. This isn't a stab at the americans either. I think that alot of western countries are filled with people who really don't care.

People are mostly selfish. They don't care what is going to happen to the terrorists that are going to be captured. The irony is that this selfishness is what is going to hurt the. They don't understand that their own liberties have also been compromised. They tell themselves that they aren't terrorists and that it's all ok, but it's all just a matter of being labeled as one and you become one. I don't mean you turn to jihad when someone points a finger at you and calls you a terrorist, but the lack of liberties that one gets as a terrorist is imposed on you. I think that people seriously don't get this.

I personally believe that intelligent people don't understand how incredibally dumb most people are. I believe that this community has an average intelligence greater than the general population. Most average everyday people are actually pretty dumb. 50% of americans still believe there are WMD in Iraq. Americans actually believed that there was a connection between Iraq and bin laden. It shits me so bad that everything that this government is doing is so transparently obvious and yet people are sitting back and letting it all happen.

EDIT: what do you know, just as i post, this comes up on digg.

there are non US backups in place, so in the event that something like that happend, the rest of the world would probally put something together to replace it before it got to that point

the non-US nameservers are actually spread all around the world and each share the one IP using anycast technology. It would be pretty hard to bring DNS down i would think