[Added/fixed][Suggestion] [Bug] Usb Hub/port Reset

PineDominator

not sure if there is a command that could be run at the very start of the pineapple?

problem Im having is when I have a usb hub and an alfa NHA connected, at first power up it's all good and visable with iwconfig but if I reboot the pineapple with out ever bringing wlan1 up then after the reboot the wlan1 interface is not there?

works fine if I ifconfig wlan1 up and then reboot.

Edited by petertfm

Maybe it has something to do with the hub still providing power to the USB device. Maybe the host side resets but the device never does.

If it makes any difference my USB hub backfeeds power into the pineapple. I never got around to snipping the red wire on the data cable.

My company uses a lot of USB UARTs powered only by the USB bus. They are buggy and sometimes loose connection to the computer. Unplugging and replugging the USB cable fixes the problem but it is usually easier to tell them to restart the computer. However I noticed on some computers the USB ports never seem to loose power and the reboot never fixes the problem. So now I tell people to completely power off their computers, wait a few seconds and then power it back on.

• 1 month later...