Question For Raspberry Pi Owners

Neworld

I've ordered a Raspberry Pi today and I'm wondering if anyone had any experience with loading Backtrack as the default OS...

I'm hoping to have my Raspberry Pi run Backtrack connected to the internet and sharing the internet via ethernet to my pineapple...

Thanks ahead of time :lol:

Backtrack is not yet avalible on the raspberry pi, not sure if it will ever be, although they have a arm version of BT it will not run on the raspberrys processor, i used a 4GB card and put pwn-pi on it.

Is network sharing via Ethernet possible?? Is it the same setup as with backtrack??

Is network sharing via Ethernet possible?? Is it the same setup as with backtrack??

Of course. ICS should be possible in every linux distro out there.

Best,

Sebkinne

I can confirm pwnpi rocking ICS to my pineapple just fine :) Unfortunately the raspi's usbs are even more underpowered than the pineapples, so deauths and such still require a USB hub (something I was hoping to avoid...) but even so, its still awesome as hell

telot

I can confirm pwnpi rocking ICS to my pineapple just fine :) Unfortunately the raspi's usbs are even more underpowered than the pineapples, so deauths and such still require a USB hub (something I was hoping to avoid...) but even so, its still awesome as hell

telot

Darn :( I was really hoping to deauth without another usb hub... this could cause some problems. At least it isn't a total loss.... I can still deauth through the pineapple and get internet via Ethernet from the Raspberry.... I just won't be able to have a flash drive on the pineapple.

Can you confirm first hand that the alfa isn't getting the amount of power it needs to deauth?? I'm really hoping to avoid another usb hub...In this case I won't be able to use a usb hub.

My raspberry pi is still on order with the 8 to 12 weeks wait time :( But i know for sure that it needs a usb powered hub if you going to hook up anything other than a a keyboard or mouse to it.

You can't run away from a usb powered hub with any of them.

My raspberry pi is still on order with the 8 to 12 weeks wait time :( But i know for sure that it needs a usb powered hub if you going to hook up anything other than a a keyboard or mouse to it.

I've tried using an Alpha usb dongle without success, it gets a lot of usb deauth, and error -10. It needs a powered USB HUB, ill try with one later. One i get i working i'll post some pics =D

I was planning on using VNC to access the Raspberry Pi so I don't need keyboard and mouse..... In regards to power output on the usb port I'm really hoping I can power a regular usb wifi adapter along with a Alfa for deauthing.

I was planning on using VNC to access the Raspberry Pi so I don't need keyboard and mouse..... In regards to power output on the usb port I'm really hoping I can power a regular usb wifi adapter along with a Alfa for deauthing.

If i were you i would use a console only distribution on the raspberry pi, avoid anything with an X session manager or GUI interface, as that makes it use precious cpu cycles that otherwise would be used for what we want that little thing to do.In any case you would need a usb powered hub.

If i were you i would use a console only distribution on the raspberry pi, avoid anything with an X session manager or GUI interface, as that makes it use precious cpu cycles that otherwise would be used for what we want that little thing to do.In any case you would need a usb powered hub.

Thanks for the tip :D I'll work it out when I get my Pi..... I might need to buy another battery because the battery I currently have only has 2 usb power ports.