Wifi Pineapple And Multiple Usb Devices

BigDook

Hi folks

If i wanted to use multiple USB devices on my pineapple, could i use a USB hub?

For example, i want to have a 3G dongle attached, and also a USB stick for dumping data too.....if i connected them to the pineapple using a hub, would they both still work? Obviously it might need to be a powered hub for the devices?

Or is the pineapple only limited to a single USB device attached at one time?

Thanks

So it CAN support multiple USB devices at the same time?

Absolutely.

Depending on the devices you will require a powered hub.

There have been some reports of powered hubs back-feeding power to the Pineapple which could cause issues but this is not the case for all powered hubs.

If you search the forum a bit you will find many reports on using powered hubs.

Good luck,

Sebkinne

• 3 weeks later...

Powering the Pineapple with the provided power adapter (12V 1A), I'm using this 2-port hub with the following two devices connected: SanDisk 16GB Fit and the Alfa AWUS036NHA. While I feel that I am on the edge of power dropping to either device, I have not noticed any real problems yet. I did a brief test: I ran "airodump-ng wlan1" in the AWUS036NHA to make sure it was active. I then read files from the USB drive. I was able to do both without a problem. I am using a very short USB cable from the hub to the AWUS036NHA.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HKIDF2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Powering the Pineapple with the provided power adapter (12V 1A), I'm using this 2-port hub with the following two devices connected: SanDisk 16GB Fit and the Alfa AWUS036NHA. While I feel that I am on the edge of power dropping to either device, I have not noticed any real problems yet. I did a brief test: I ran "airodump-ng wlan1" in the AWUS036NHA to make sure it was active. I then read files from the USB drive. I was able to do both without a problem. I am using a very short USB cable from the hub to the AWUS036NHA.

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00

airodump-ng will only be scanning and not broadcasting, you could try connecting it to an access point then ping a site to make sure there is indeed enough power, also if your already doing ics via the computer turn off that interface to make sure the pings go through the nha

• 4 months later...

I'm going out in a little bit to get a a usb hub, powered over another battery so that I can hook up a usb drive and another alfa to my setup will be as follows:

Pineapple (karma on) WLAN0

Alfa (client mode to iPhone Hotspot) WLAN1

Routing between the 2 of course.

Logs going to USB drive

Powered by battery for Pineapple and battery for USB hub.

(All hopefully housed within Pelican Case)

Connect iPad to iPhone and connect to Pineapple for management and log viewing on the fly.

I will report how well it goes after setting it up and testing. I will also monitor the power levels under different scenarios.

I also like the idea of the Passive POE. I am ordering one and going to try that as well. Found it for 4 bucks online. :)

So, I just got a 6000maH battery pack. (I couldn't resist). It has two usb ports, 1.1Amp and 1.5Amp. This should work nicely. I'm charging the battery right now and will test the setup late tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by Crypiehef

Ok, Testing went way better than I thought. Setup is as follows now:

6000MaH battery with 1Amp and 2.5Amp USB ports.

USB Hub (with hacked usb to dc cable) connected to the Batteries 2.5Amp port.

Pineapple MK4 connected to the Batteries 1Amp port.

On the USB Hub is a new 16Gig USB drive with all modules and logs on it.

Also on the USB Hub is a Alfa.

Alfa is autoconnecting to the "Hotspot" on my iPhone (Thankfully godfathered into unlimited data still)

Pineapple is running in Karma mode, tested with SSLStrip and RandomRoll modules. -- Note: Ran great, no problems there.

ICS is setup to route between WLAN0 and WLAN1. Works no problem passing traffic from clients connecting to the pineapple and routing through my iPhone.

It's been running for over 5 hours now with 1, out of 4, lights still on on the battery.

This all fits in the Pelican hard case (Elite bundle). I'm using a 9db omni antenna so I made some holes in the pelican to feed the connector to. Therefor a can just screw on whichever antenna is needed. Same for the Alfa. Pics to come soon.

Actually, I might get the slightly bigger Pelican 1060 case so everything fits a bit better and with room to grow a bit. Anyone else use the 1060 and does it offer more wiggle room than the 1050?

Ok, an update.. Ran it for @@10 hours on the 6000maH battery. Wicked. Getting the 1060 case and modding it for antenna connectors etc. Unless something can think of something better. :) IMHO it should work great. Thinking about getting one antenna connector on one side, another on the other. Paint it Red and design a wicked demon face on it. Antennas will be the horns? LOL. I dunno. Maybe.

FrankenPineapple pics attached. Notice I am connected to it via iPad, have Karma off right now because I'm at work and I don't feel like blacklisting hundreds of AP's or SSID's. This setup ran for about 10 hours on that 6000Mah Battery. The Hulk added for effect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91851582@N05/8346707746/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91851582@N05/8345652643/

And NO, this will not fit in the Pelican 1050 Case.. :( Going out later today to find something better. Could use a smaller USB hub but I had an itch I wanted to scratch and ran to radio shack for this one. Hey, it works. :)

Update, fit everything into a camera bag.. Not a bad idea because, well, it looks like I'm carrying a camera around. It's clipped to my messenger bag via a carabiner and looks totally inconspicuous. LOL. Let the pentesting begin.

Here is some pics of my new working Pineapple setup. All fits nice in this camera bag. I added an antenna connector to the side for panel, 7db, 9db or what have you. Might add a second one to the other side for the Alfa.

post-41648-0-33568600-1357571519_thumb.jpost-41648-0-33464700-1357571520_thumb.jpost-41648-0-18927400-1357571521_thumb.jpost-41648-0-19080000-1357571522_thumb.jpost-41648-0-18340900-1357571523_thumb.j

Thats a pretty cool idea Crypiehef. I'm doing something similar with a small single and a double CD case. I have both because I haven't received my Anker Astro3 and I'm not sure if everything will pack in to the single case yet.

I couldn't fit it in a single or double CD case mostly because of my honking huge battery and the cables. The cables might be the biggest issue, not the length per se, but how stiff the ends of the USB connectors are. They don't give any play. Might want to consider getting some of the adjustable adapters in the Hakshop. I am ordering some more soon and I figure that will help, hopefully, fit everything into something a bit smaller.

Yes, very much security through obscurity. I don't always broadcast the antenna on the outside. The bag doesn't attenuate the signal much at all, but all I can fit in the bag is the 7db antenna (on both the Pineapple and the Alfa). If I need more range I usually set it up in my vehicle with my 9db omni or my directional antenna attached to bag, like in the pic, directed at my target audience. I rarely use the outside connector, however it does occasionally come in handy.

I *am* looking for something alternative to the camera bag that allows better cable and device management. I know a local machine shop that can whip me up anything out of metal. i.e. Aluminum. I would eventually like to attach my Raspberry Pi. Make all the devices "naked", solder the USB connections instead of using clunky cables and make a make-shift netbook with everything tucked inside with the raspi going to the display. I'm drawing up a "netbook" case right now and am still working out the dimensions and cut outs. This will probably take me some time with Work and Family but I will definitely keep a good log and how-to to share when I'm finished.

• 2 months later...

Hey man can you please tell me everything you purchased to make that work? I want to do exactly the same thing!

If I see well you bought:

1 6000mAh batter with 2 USB port

1 gigaware multiple usb port

1 usb 16gb sandisk

1 alfa

but what is the hacker usb to the hub?

And what about a 10 000mAh battery, wouldn't that be better?