Iphone Tether To Wifi Pineapple?

Hey Confusedhatter,

I am currently experimenting with iPhone tether - I just don't own an iPhone ;) So you guys will have to test it for me.

I won't have this working in the next couple of days but should have it running by later next week.

Ethernet connection works if you plug the cable into the POE/LAN port. Then, set your ethernet IP to a static 172.16.42.42.

Best way to accomplish this is with the wp4 script (assuming you use linux) which you can find over at wifipineapple.com - wiki - quickstartguide.

The guide also covers how to set it up in Windows. For OSX you will need to see the thread here on the forum for a detailed guide.

I hope I could help!

Best,

Sebkinne

• 1 year later...

I tethered my 3G iPhone 4s on IOS 7.1.1 via wifi using personal hotspot on the phone and the pineapple client mode on wlan1. The Pineapple then had access to the internet through the phone's 3G.

I was then able to joint the phone's personal hot spot with my iPad . I used the iPad to connect to the Pineapple Mk V and managed to use the Pineapple.

No mods. Just worked.