WiFi Manager

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup if there was any directions on the basics on how Network Manager works that would help. It could be it's my configuration or I'm just confused about how it really works. If someone develops a module a little direction would be nice.

If you look around, not many people post instructions on their modules. Normally, its straight forward, like here. In the 'Wireless' tab, it shows attributes to wifi cards that are available that you can edit, IE : The SSID or What mode the card is in, or if the AP the card is broadcasting has a password. In the ICS tab, it does what it says, Share internet from <Interface> to <Interface>.

-Foxtrot

Most modules are just shortcuts for what can be accomplished at the command line... It's just my opinon but some folks have too high of an expectation for the kind of "support" they're going to get from these user forums and from the creators of the free infusions.The Network Manager module is fairly simple... I don't think there is any substitute for teaching yourself the basics.

Well, I can enable both of wlan0 and wlan1, however I just cannot get internet on the Pineapple through the wifi. My ICS settings are share wlan1 ( external) to wlan0 ( internal).

I dont think its connecting to the WIFI. I've selected all of the right settings and found my SSID, but I can't see the Pineapple on the LAN doing nmap of my lan.

Sorry I kind of glossed over the DHCP request part of your post... When you hit DHCP request an IP address should come up on the screen. If you aren't seeing that your wlan1 (external) device isn't actually connecting. What type of security does the AP that wlan1 is trying to connect to use?

Sorry I kind of glossed over the DHCP request part of your post... When you hit DHCP request an IP address should come up on the screen. If you aren't seeing that your wlan1 (external) device isn't actually connecting. What type of security does the AP that wlan1 is trying to connect to use?

Nah, you right mate.

I am definitely not seeing the IP after DHCP request. I can use the same wifi stick on Win8 to connect to the WIFI.

Here is the security WIFI uses.

Capture5.JPG

You might try SSHing into the pineapple and trying to setup the connections manually... The Network Manager Infusion is just a shortcut for all of those commands which is why I love it. But it is possible to do it all from the command line.

You might try SSHing into the pineapple and trying to setup the connections manually... The Network Manager Infusion is just a shortcut for all of those commands which is why I love it. But it is possible to do it all from the command line.

Thanks I'll give it a go.

• 4 weeks later...

In the picture you showing ICS internet connection sharing. That's for if you want to share internet from one interface to another for example if you plug the pineapple into lan and you want to share it on wlan1. Also what USB wireless adapter do you have because all I see is wlan0 thats for the pineapples wifi if you had a wireless adapter it would most likely be on wlan1.

I've had trouble with the network manager myself.

The best way I've found to connect lets say an Alfa usb card to an encrypted network is to boot up the pineapple after its booted plug in the alfa card. (I wait tell the pineapple boots before I plug it in so I know the Alfa will be on wlan1 not wlan0)

I run airmon-ng start wlan1 to bring up monitor mode (because 90% of the time I still wanna scan the area to see whats going on) I would run airodump mon0 just to wake up the card. I find if I just try to connect to my WPA2 network it doesn't always work unless I run airodump first.

Now to connect to a WPA2 network you wanna edit your WPA_supplicant.conf its located inside /etc/ with something simple like

network={
ssid=" yourssid "
psk= yourpassword
}

Once your WPA_supplicant is set up you can run wpa_supplicant. I use this little script. (I mostly stole from the forms) That will run wpa_supplicant set ipforwarding clear your iptables and set them then run udhcpc to get a dhcp request.

#!/bin/sh

wpa_supplicant -B -D nl80211 -i wlan1 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables -F
iptables -X

iptables -A FORWARD -o wlan1 -i br-lan -s 172.16.0.0/24 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -jACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE

sleep 6

udhcpc -i wlan1

Assuming you're using the nl80211 driver that should work if not you can just look at wpa_supplicant --help to see other driver options.

That does not work for me however... I do use the Alfa usb card.

But it does not connect to the real WPA2 hotspot (with the real internet).

I've had trouble with the network manager myself.

The best way I've found to connect lets say an Alfa usb card to an encrypted network is to boot up the pineapple after its booted plug in the alfa card. (I wait tell the pineapple boots before I plug it in so I know the Alfa will be on wlan1 not wlan0)

I run airmon-ng start wlan1 to bring up monitor mode (because 90% of the time I still wanna scan the area to see whats going on) I would run airodump mon0 just to wake up the card. I find if I just try to connect to my WPA2 network it doesn't always work unless I run airodump first.

Now to connect to a WPA2 network you wanna edit your WPA_supplicant.conf its located inside /etc/ with something simple like

network={
ssid=" yourssid "
psk= yourpassword
}

Once your WPA_supplicant is set up you can run wpa_supplicant. I use this little script. (I mostly stole from the forms) That will run wpa_supplicant set ipforwarding clear your iptables and set them then run udhcpc to get a dhcp request.

#!/bin/sh

wpa_supplicant -B -D nl80211 -i wlan1 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables -F
iptables -X

iptables -A FORWARD -o wlan1 -i br-lan -s 172.16.0.0/24 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -jACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE

sleep 6

udhcpc -i wlan1

Assuming you're using the nl80211 driver that should work if not you can just look at wpa_supplicant --help to see other driver options.

I have network manager working. But I don't see how it allows me to connect to real wifi.

How do I make the USB wireless adapter connect to a WPA2 password protected real wifi hotspot?

lvcTgnF.png

I too wonder the same thing.

Where do I select it in the GUI? I can't find it.

Could you make some screenshots, please?

I do use the awus036nha from the hak5shop.

You just select available access point select your SSID and put in the password. Then click DHCP request at the top. Are you doing that and its still not working? If so what is happening?

To connect to an AP, you need to configure the settings in the "Wireless" tab. "ICS" tab is to share the internet connection.

EDIT: Moved to infusion section and merged topics about Network Manager in the main thread.

Edited by Whistle Master

http://www.filedropper.com/pineapplenetworkmanager-wi-fi

Made a little video for you. No sound but i use the mouse to point out the necessary items.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

EDIT: When i select wlan1 (my nha) to scan for networks the interface dies. It sounds like a power issue to me, my pineapple is powered via the wall adepter. Strange no?

Edited by BOOB00

http://www.filedropper.com/pineapplenetworkmanager-wi-fi

Made a little video for you. No sound but i use the mouse to point out the necessary items.

Thanks for the video ;) Just a little precision: as soon as everything is configured in the "Wireless" tab, click on "Save" then "Submit" before requesting an IP through DHCP.

EDIT: I made a simplified usage procedure in the first post. Hope it will help.

Edited by Whistle Master