WiFi Manager

Should be indeed, but the module is not (yet) develop to offer this possibility. If there is interest for it, I will add it to the next version ;)

I think many people who need to expand pineapples range would like to see it in a future version. :) thank you :)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[bUG]

for every time you click save on the ics tab it adds another autostart.sh to the boot up script

EDIT:

having ics at boot does not seem to work, but it did work the first time playing with?

and I noticed autostat.sh was not chmoded and did this before even running it.

EDIT 2:

turns out the ics not working is due to there not being a dhcp request? maybe add it to the autostart.sh

Edited by petertfm

Im having a problem like that to....

But i dont think its his module, i tried to set up the NHA wifi card manually to a router with iwconfig and all that with udhcpc and it wouldn't associate at all, but may be cause it was WPA2? I dont know.

But i thought his module would fix it, but didnt, i think its just the card itself on the Pineapple. If someone can shed some light i will be opening a new post on it.

I'm having some problems with this module, probably because I choosed to remove config of both devices in the Network manager page. Now I'm unable to add the devices again. How can I do this?

I have tried to remove and reinstall the Network Module, and I have tried rebooting, but still no joy..

Help is appreciated! Otherwise this is a great Module! Great work!! :)

I'm having some problems with this module, probably because I choosed to remove config of both devices in the Network manager page. Now I'm unable to add the devices again. How can I do this?

I have tried to remove and reinstall the Network Module, and I have tried rebooting, but still no joy..

Help is appreciated! Otherwise this is a great Module! Great work!! :)

Actually I got it working again. I studied the code on the page and found that it was looking for info from /etc/config/wireless (surprise :P)

Anyway, i found that I had 226 lines of configurations there, a bit much, and I have no idea what could have cluttered up that config file. When I removed the excess lines, network manager is working as intended again.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so:

i have the alfa nha plugged into powered usb hub.

pineapple plugged into wall via plug...

through ssh into the pineapple (computer connected to pineapple ssid)

i can turn wlan1 up (blue light) and it shows up in network manager

(the auto detect doesn't seem to find it or turn it on)

by clicking access points (like 5th reboot though) i finally get the list to show up

pick my native wifi ssid

set the password from the router but i can't seem to get a wireless connection...

noob part(or maybe its not): client access point adhoc?

i tried what was listed on the first screen shot but no luck...

channel security ssid shared key all the same as router

sorry if this has been covered i've been lurking....

set this thing up via OSX 10.6 snowleopard ;)

so i can get internet tethering that way i just wondered about getting this alfa card up cause it doesnt have drivers for osx....

Alright guys, I'm just posting instructions in case anybody else is having trouble figuring out the UI...

First of all, download Network Manager (you might need to ics from your computer at this point in order to get internet)

Download to internal or external storage.

Once Network manager is install, open it up and click "Auto-Detect" under the wireless tab...

At this point, you should see your usb wifi dongle pop up.

(note: if your device doesn't show up, you might want to try again or make sure your dongle is compatible with the pineapple. You might need to install your wifi driver from opkg)

Once you see your devices below.... enter in the apropriate information for your wifi network... If your trying to connect to a network, be sure to set as "client" under wlan1. Be sure to leave radio0 wlan0 alone, your only working with radio1 wlan1 here.

Enter your network info in appropriately.

Example:

http://www.flickr.co...N08/7916346916/

After you type in all your info... scroll to the top of the page and click "save"

Once you save, click "Commit"

(Note: If it loads longer than usual, just refresh the page. It should be done.)

Once you click Commit, your screen should look like this at the top.

(Picture)

dlsajf;ds

Now click "DHCP Request"

Your screen should look like this now:

(picture)

http://www.flickr.co...N08/7916346720/

(again, refresh the page if it takes longer than usual)

Now that you are connected to the internet, it's time to setup Internet connection Sharing.

Click on the ICS tab.

Change the settings to share internet from wlan1 to wlan0.

(it should look like this)

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

That's it! now your done. try to connect to the internet and it should work. :D

Edited by Neworld

thank you nice writeup those were basically everything i was doing

except the dchp request was i guess timing out or never coming back....never giving an ip...

(i almost think i need to just start over fresh:readfactory reset: on it)

but the pictures and instructions help alot

thank you nice writeup those were basically everything i was doing

except the dchp request was i guess timing out or never coming back....never giving an ip...

(i almost think i need to just start over fresh:readfactory reset: on it)

but the pictures and instructions help alot

Perhaps you typed your password or info. in wrong.

After 2.6.3, I was able to finally get my adapter working with the pineapple so I downloaded this and have not been able to get it to work yet, just wondering what I am doing wrong.

I follow everything Neoworld said,

Autodetect finds my adapter

I configure the security for the access point

click save

everything reloads, my adapter is still up

click commit

my adapter disappears, and is no longer up

I have to bring the adapter back up manually (i.e. ifconfig wlan1 up)

*sometimes it even reassigns the adapter to increment wlan (i.e. wlan2)

any ideas?

Just a few questions:

What wifi adapter are you using?

Does your screen load longer than usual when you hit commit? (If it does, you just need to hit refresh on your browser)

note: --make sure you check the box allowing the adapter to be enabled before you hit save.

--If all works, and your still not getting interenet, you must remember to hit save under ics (every time, unless you say start on boot)

• 3 weeks later...

So Since moving the 2.6.4 firmware this module appears to be having some minor issues.

When ever i attempt to open the module on the pineapple i get the attached screen and it doesn't want to completely load. Pretty sure its due to the path changing but i have no idea how to fix it.

Any thoughts as this module is a quite handy?

post-40415-0-82252700-1348448087_thumb.p

So Since moving the 2.6.4 firmware this module appears to be having some minor issues.

When ever i attempt to open the module on the pineapple i get the attached screen and it doesn't want to completely load. Pretty sure its due to the path changing but i have no idea how to fix it.

Any thoughts as this module is a quite handy?

post-40415-0-82252700-1348448087_thumb.p

Did you update the module (via the pineapple bar) ? The new firmware uses an other path set. Fixed in last version.

Cheers.

Edited by Hackrylix

Hello,

i have downloaded the module, but i have the same problem as Hackrylix...

I don't have any problem dude.

I just said that the problem of rand0mh3r0 was a not updated module version : If you move from 2.5 to 2.6.4, you have to update the modules via the pineapple bar.

What is your's ?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I have a huge favor to ask you Wishmaster, oh Whistle Master! :rolleyes:

Your network module is not able to bring my AWUS036H up, but the reaver module by Hackrylix is actually able to bring my device up. Could you look into this?

If so, that would make my day so much easier!

Guess I could fool around a bit in the code and make something myself, but better if it came from the source ;)

And needless to say, you networkmodule is making things so much easier already, and this is just a simple question, no big deal if it's not possible or you don't have the time.

Edited by loozr

Part of the reaver module is already based on some of my modules ;)

As an example, have a try to my Site Survey module and you will find the same ways to bring up or down your interface.

But the network manager is not built in the same way. The network manager is based on physical radio (e.g. radio1) attached on the pineapple and not on logical interfaces (e.g. wlan1).

If you want to be able to configure your AWUS036H (I have the same and did my testing with it), you have to click on Detect to bring a new configuration for your device and then be able to configure to connect to APs, etc.

Edited by Whistle Master

Part of the reaver module is already based on some of my modules ;)

As an example, have a try to my Site Survey module and you will find the same ways to bring up or down your interface.

But the network manager is not built in the same way. The network manager is based on physical radio (e.g. radio1) attached on the pineapple and not on logical interfaces (e.g. wlan1).

If you want to be able to configure your AWUS036H (I have the same and did my testing with it), you have to click on Detect to bring a new configuration for your device and then be able to configure to connect to APs, etc.

Yes, I have made a sneak-peak in your code and found that you are using different commands for the networkmodule.

But the thing is, that I click Auto-Detect, then Save, And Commit. (correct approach?) The AWUS036H will not start up by this. It only blinks 2 times, with maybe half a second between. And networkmanager is reporting it as "radio1 - enabled", while as the internal is reported as "radio0 wlan0 enabled"

I can't find anything unusual in the log, but am I right when your final command to activate the settings is "wifi"?

If I issue "wifi" in ssh, I get the message "Failed to start hostapd for phy1".

Anyways it seems that I'm the only one with AWUS036H here, and that I'm the only one with this problems. In 2.7.0 it's still not possible to boot the pineapple with the alfa plugged in(without screwing up wlan0/wlan!). I might have to buy a new alfa before this problems is gone.. Which Alfa is the best one to use together with the Pineapple?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyways it seems that I'm the only one with AWUS036H here, and that I'm the only one with this problems.

I have exactly that model and it works fine for me.

Just some notes on the Network Management module v1.4. I've had some trouble with it while testing USB wifi modems. After testing a few different kinds it started to misbehave. On the wireless tab extra physical interfaces showed up and one wouldn't allow me to delete it. I uninstalled the module and after reinstalling it would show up again.

Maybe you guys knew this but it saves the settings in the /etc/config/ folder in the "wireless" file. Turns out the one I couldn't delete had somehow become corrupted. Also, the issue with the SSID not saving kept occurring so I took the opportunity of editing the SSID to the one I wanted to test with. When I went back in to the Control Panel the Network Manager infusion wouldn't work correctly. It wouldn't display any kind of info, the page showed up put not the info. Turns out it doesn't accept an SSID with an apostrophe in it. For example "Sam's Network" won't work. I guess the module correctly doesn't allow you to save one with an apostrophe,(which was driving me crazy) but if you edit the file directly it causes the module not to work. Obviously I did this via direct ssh.

Another issue is that now that there is another interface it won't assign it a wlan1. It did in the beginning but now it just says Enabled but won't turn it on any longer. You can go the Advanced tab and issue the "ifconfig wlan1 up" command and go back to the module or use the reaver infusion which sees it correctly. This was all while using the final wifi usb that I settled on, it's an AWUS036NH.