Hi!

Which of these batteries you think best for the mark4?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ipower-external-5v-3000mah-emergency-power-battery-w-6-charging-adapters-white-silver-131908?item=12

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1000mah-5-5v-solar-powered-self-recharging-li-ion-battery-2575?item=22

and....someone has a manual to assemble a battery pack for the mark4? I'm not very good at electronics :/

Thanks!

Battery capacity is measured in milliamp hours (mAh) or amp hours (Ah). 1 Amp = 1000 milliAmps.

Basically this means that a 3000mAh can provide 3000mA or 3A for 1 hour or 1000mA or 1A for 3 hours. (It is actually less due to resistance and overhead but its a good ballpark number).

The somewhere on this form lists how much current (amps) the pineapple draws. I remember it being something like 700mA for the pineapple only and up to 2500 (I think) for a pineapple with other devices attached to the USB port such as another wifi radio or 3G dongle.

So with just the pineapple only the 3000mAh battery should last you theoretically a little over 3 hours. With the pineapple running at full load it may last a little more than 1 hour. I would also suggest a battery with 2 USB outputs so you can power the pineapple and a USB hub at the same time. Make sure one of the outputs is at least a 2A output for best results.

Edited by sickduck