Connected To Wifi Ap, No Packets Sent Or Received

Bountyhunter50

Hi everyone! It's my first time on the forms here so somebody please correct me if I'm doing everything wrong.

I have an Asus EEE PC, and I just installed Backtrack 5 R2 on it the other day, and I seem to have a problem with my Wi-Fi. I am able to connect to Wi-Fi access points, however whenever I try to browse the Internet or do a simple Sudo apt-get, it's like it's not even connected to the Internet. It just shows no Data Packet sent or received at all but at the same time I'm able to get an IP address and everything through ifconfig. The weird thing is, if I connect hard-line, it works just fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Apologies for the lack of code or any misspellings, I'm using the dictation feature on my iPad to post this question. Thanks in advance!

That's weird, so its connected, it's getting a valid IP address, but not connecting to the internet.

What happens when you try pinging google.com, or your default gateway? Does it work at all?