The Broken is back!

PoyBoy

I thought it was so-so. Some cool bits, some crappy bits.

The cellphone jammer was nothing new since I'd already seen one on HackTV, and they went a bit further in depth on it (though not by that much).

The theme park... I laughed my nuts off.

Getting back at Block Buster... Well, you're still renting a movie through them. What's the point that you end up with the original? Do you really care about such things?

Ramzi... He's still the shit, but all they really did was tell the name of the program to use and nothing else.

The bloopers at the end were funny.

The strip bar thing was just showing off.

The reduced color depth effect was annoying, but that might just be the FLV. I'm grabbing the large avi now since I'm gonna keep a copy of this anyways. Might aswell get a decent one.

Overall I kinda expected better. The production quality was crap as it should be. The content however I felt was sorely lacking.

It was alright, certainly what I expected from Kevin and Dan. The 360 hack was interesting and the theme park was a great idea, but morally wrong to boot. (Morals? What are those? :twisted:). Oh well, they only did it because of all the wannabe's on the thebroken forums were begging for them to produce another ep. Maybe they'll continue and actually produce some decent content in the future.

I shouldn't be too harsh though. It was the broken that got me looking for more hacking-orientated iptv shows online and thus found the best of them all, Hak.5.

Yeah IIRC Hak5 and thebroken were the 2 shows that really got me in to IPTV... thebroken because it kinda showed that it didn't matter who you were and Hak5 because it showed that no matter who you are you can make a show that has great content...

...I'm still looking out for more decent shows...

;)

...I'm still looking out for more decent shows...

I've been doing the same for a while now but have yet to find any really. The ones in which I have found were rather, poor. In both content and quality. I understand how not everyone can afford great-quality video equipment but these looked as though they were done on Hi8 film. I do wish that From the Shadows would come back, I did enjoy their beer-making segment.

Hmmmm.... beer.

No one mentioned the Dodge Viper or whatever that car was in the begining! I wonder if they borrowed it or Kevin actually has one. They do have a million dollar backing now don't they.

I thought it was pretty good. You have to give theBroken some credit, even if they didn't start the IPTV revolution they did make it popular and introduce most of us to it.

No one mentioned the Dodge Viper or whatever that car was in the begining! I wonder if they borrowed it or Kevin actually has one. They do have a million dollar backing now don't they.

I don't believe that's Kevin's nor anyone elses at Revision3/Digg because being a Diggnation fan, I've noticed that Kevin has barely enough money to buy a cheap, ikea couch. So a 60K car is probably out of his budget range. They do have a few million dollars in venture capital funding but there's now way Jay (the CEO) would let them buy a red viper when they're constantly buying new servers and expanding their offices.