3G Dongle - Last Question I Promise :)

sawks

So after a week of playing with open WRT and the pineapple ive learnt tons, and love this community. I cant wait to be able to start giving back once i learn some more.

I do how ever have one last question ( i hope).

My setup is a Pineapple mk4 with a small usb hub, a 8 gig sdcard in a reader and a hauwei E367.

I had the sd card in the 3g dongle, but was having mount issues (duplicates like sda1 and sdb1) so I separated them.

This works perfectly as long as I turn on 3g on boot.

My problem is if I dont have the 3g dongle turn on and connect at boot, it seems to fall back to memory stick ID (no sd card in it) and I cant work out how to use usbswitchmode to change it back. This happens now and then.

So my 3g.sh works perfectly, as long as lsusb shows:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 12d1:1506 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E398 LTE/UMTS/GSM Modem/Networkcard

but sometimes

it shows

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 12d1:1446 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E1552/E1800/E173 (HSPA modem)

im guessing this is usbstick mode.

and I can see files in /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/ that have the switch string in them, but all documentation i can see is about modeswitch.conf.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to use modeswitch?

Thanks in advanced.

Sawks