water cooling tubes

hakgipc

what is the fattest tube of the folowing ?

Swiftech 1/2" outer dimension, 3/8" inner dimentions

Swiftech 5/8" outer dimension, 7/16" inner dimentions

and when u buy a cpu water block and it says its compatible with 3/8 does that go for the outer domensions or inner?

thx guys hakgipc

what is the fattest tube of the folowing ?

Swiftech 1/2" outer dimension, 3/8" inner dimentions

Swiftech 5/8" outer dimension, 7/16" inner dimentions

and when u buy a cpu water block and it says its compatible with 3/8 does that go for the outer domensions or inner?

thx guys hakgipc

.... are you kidding me?

8 + 8 = 16

3 + 3 = 6 making the first 6/16 therefor smaller on the inside

and if you cant figure out that 5/8" IS larger then 1/2" then you don't get to know...

comeon this is third grade stuff

.... are you kidding me?

8 + 8 = 16

3 + 3 = 6 making the first 6/16 therefor smaller on the inside

and if you cant figure out that 5/8" IS larger then 1/2" then you don't get to know...

comeon this is third grade stuff

He wasn't actually asking which one was bigger per se. But what he wanted to know was what does it mean when the specs say, "compatible with <whatever>".

As far as I know, they mean the outer width of the tubing. Because hosing for water coolers (well, anything really) is stretched over an outlet on a pump, having a tube with an inner diameter of 3/8 with an outlet of 3/8 wouldn't be air-tight, thus water spillage. But a 3/8" (inner dia.) hose with a 7/16" outlet would be air-tight.

However, I could be wrong (about what they consider the diameter of compatible hosing).

Simple answer is if you are asking these sort of questions then you shouldn't be watercooling your computer.

If your desperate to watercool it then buy an all-in-one kit which will come with waterblocks, pump, resevoir, radiator and tubing. That way you will know that it will all work together.

This is something that you don't jump to advanced before being a beginner as water cooling is all about experiance.

...that and the fact you don't wanna turn the inside of your rig into a fish tank.

Or do you? Imagine fish swimming around your cpu, an eel latched to your ram and a starfish chilling with your videocard. Sounds like a cool idea to me.

I was going to say that would be the coolest mod i've seen.... I may have to try this when I move into the new house... I can get my friend to help me out he loves fish.

Actually someone did do a window mod with 2 panes of plexi with water between them which made it look a lot like the machine was indeed filled with water, maybe that could be adapted? :)

That would be an awesome thing to have. Usually towers are shoved under a table or desk because of their ulgyness (is that a word?). Having a fish-tank case would be the center of attention for an office. I may build one of these over x-mas break. Cool project and the finished product would be just beautiful.

here's one small example, though not the one I saw before...

http://www.nobispro.com/aquatank/

the one I saw before wasn't a real fish tank though (which method is preferable I don't know) but it was a couple of panes of plexi with water between giving maybe a couple of inches depth of water which was sealed off from the actual guts of the machine but it looked like there was a full tank of water if you looked through it...

maybe if you didn't want real fish then perhaps a modified version of the plexi/water sandwich with an LCD behind the inside pane showing a fishtank animation/video/screensaver...

maybe then add the aqua lighting from the above project and it'd look pretty convincing I think...

That's what I was thinking, having two different sections of the case. The front being where the fish would be with the second section behind it.

here's one small example, though not the one I saw before...

url]http://www.nobispro.com/aquatank/[/url]

That's just neat but I don't like how tall the case is.

Well the problem with the fish tank idea is that the animals wouldn't like the distilled water and the water would soon become contaminated and thus kills your PC.

I've seen a mod where one wall of the case was a fish tank but they weren't swimming around the components.