ISO question

sylent

Or if you are running windows 2000 or XP you can use Virtual Daemon Manager and make the iso run like a cd/dvd in a virtual-cd/dvd player.

I use this Virtual Daemon Manager and a made iso of cd that i freq: use on my windowsXP laptop (I replaced the laptop cd/dvd player for a extra powerpack) and it works like a charm.

:wink:

Gerard

Nero is probally the easyist one. Load up the Nero Burning ROM (not the craptastic menu system that comes with v7), cancel the intial menu, and Recorder -> burn image. Select the iso file, okay it, and insert a blank CD. Done/.

Or if you are running windows 2000 or XP you can use Virtual Daemon Manager and make the iso run like a cd/dvd in a virtual-cd/dvd player.

I use this Virtual Daemon Manager and a made iso of cd that i freq: use on my windowsXP laptop (I replaced the laptop cd/dvd player for a extra powerpack) and it works like a charm.

Usefully but not very useful for installing Linux distros. You do need to burn those.

I like deepburner free personally, its easy: Just select the option for ISO burning when it starts, and find the ISO file on your desktop or wherever.

its also free, hence the name deepburner free. Hasnt let me down.

www.deepburner.com

I like deepburner free personally, its easy: Just select the option for ISO burning when it starts, and find the ISO file on your desktop or wherever.

its also free, hence the name deepburner free. Hasnt let me down.

www.deepburner.com

i like deepburner free i use to to handed my DVD .iso because the PowerToy i use for other iso's seems to choke on DVDs

i have no idea how to use ISO's so i was wondering if you could tell me how to use them. pls? i want to know how to use them because i have downloaded a Linux ISO but i dont know how to use it.

This should answer a lot of your questions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

Basically an ISO file is not just a file you burn normally. It's an exact copy of a disc (almost like a picture of it) and therefore must be burnt in a special way with software that can handle it.

Dunno if that made any sense but hopefully it was a help.

If you don’t know “how to use ISO'sâ€, I would strongly recommend you don’t try to use Linux, as your time would be better spent learning the basics before you move to a more complex operating system.

one of the best ways to learn is to dive in head first... I don't know everything about windows but that didn't stop me from burning an live ISO and trying it out... i didn't know anything but I had fun learning and expermenting... and if I did something to screw it up.... restart it's back to normal.... and I think he's smart enough not to delete anything or format anything so he'll be fine...