How To Use Karma And What Is Button On Pineapple

I'm pretty new to the pineapple (24h) but until someone can give you a certain answer i can try and help.

The WPS button is usually for wifi protected setup ( a quick way of connecting devices) but on the pineapple its configurable from the GUI to do what ever you like.

The "Karma is disabled when handling probe request" is explained in the FAQ, when you turn Karma on that stays as its part of the log, and new log entries will be shown above it. Its supposed to be there.

Sawks

I'm pretty new to the pineapple (24h) but until someone can give you a certain answer i can try and help.

The WPS button is usually for wifi protected setup ( a quick way of connecting devices) but on the pineapple its configurable from the GUI to do what ever you like.

The "Karma is disabled when handling probe request" is explained in the FAQ, when you turn Karma on that stays as its part of the log, and new log entries will be shown above it. Its supposed to be there.

Sawks

ok thanks. but for the karma thing for some reason the pineapple doesnt automatically connect other clients. i took my iphone and turned on wifi. and it did not connect to the pineapple like jasager should make it?

ok thanks. but for the karma thing for some reason the pineapple doesnt automatically connect other clients. i took my iphone and turned on wifi. and it did not connect to the pineapple like jasager should make it?

What SSID's are you seeing? You should be seeing the pineapple ssid and whatever other SSID's in your iphone's history.

iOS (iPhone/iPad etc) handles the wifi issues a bit differently. The best way to test karma with your iPhone is to turn off your home wifi. Turn on/off the wifi on the phone and give it a couple of seconds. iOS isnt the fastest at connecting to networks. It "should" connect to your pineapple under the old name.

Remember, karma only works effectively when the client has connected to a wifi network before and will send out probe requests.

Also, check to make sure your connections are tight (aerial), as the pineapple isnt exactly the strongest.

What SSID's are you seeing? You should be seeing the pineapple ssid and whatever other SSID's in your iphone's history.

iOS (iPhone/iPad etc) handles the wifi issues a bit differently. The best way to test karma with your iPhone is to turn off your home wifi. Turn on/off the wifi on the phone and give it a couple of seconds. iOS isnt the fastest at connecting to networks. It "should" connect to your pineapple under the old name.

Remember, karma only works effectively when the client has connected to a wifi network before and will send out probe requests.

Also, check to make sure your connections are tight (aerial), as the pineapple isnt exactly the strongest.

ok something very wierd is happening. i connect to a random unsecured network then i turn wifi off and then turn it back on. when it comes back one something strange occurs. when i look at the wifi pineapple status it says that it has spoofed as a different ssid but when i look on the iphone it says its connected to the pineapple. but when i click on the setting for the pineapple?

ok something very wierd is happening. i connect to a random unsecured network then i turn wifi off and then turn it back on. when it comes back one something strange occurs. when i look at the wifi pineapple status it says that it has spoofed as a different ssid but when i look on the iphone it says its connected to the pineapple. but when i click on the setting for the pineapple?

that is normal because I think the pineapple does not save what ssid the client is connected too, I believe It's just showing one of the ssid's it has seen from that client(iphone)