Android Or Ios?

~*L33T_NiNj4*~

Hey guys i have a slight problem. I am going to get either a iphone 4 16 gb and a htc nexus 1, and i was wondering which is better Android (YEAH!!!) or iOS (hissssssssssssss)? On a side note is there any way i could unlock a iphone with the fallowing specs?

Iphone 4

04.11.08 Modem Firmware

I already tried sam and ultra snow?

Thanks guys! :D

Edited by ~*L33T_NiNj4*~

if you had asked me two months ago i would have said iPhone, but my brother got a droid and i'm sooooo jealous! It just seams like you can breathe a lot more with a droid. Not to mention the iPhone currently only supports 3G, while the droid supports 4G. which with Verizon gets you 4GBs of data instead of 2. My brother has a droid razor max, which allows him to do things like USB tethering for free. Any droid should be able to do this but don't quote me on that. I tried with an iPhone and you have to pay for an extra data plan regardless if you want to tether.

Other then that it just seams like the droid is a lot less legalistic then the iPhone, you don't have to crack it because it already allows you to do pretty much whatever you want. Plus you can try your hand at making Android apps for free! while for apple you have to pay $99 bucks just to start.

So my conclusion, get a droid! lol :)

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant running Android 4.0.3... I love it.. I've had iPhones in the past under my T-Mobile service but it's nothing special. My fiancee has one now, and she's extremely jealous of my Android after playing with it since I updated it to 4.0.x.

I've gotten pretty fed up with Apple as a company in general, though, so my opinion is biased. I don't like them because their prices are abusrd for their products. People buy in to the whole craze because they don't really know how much they should be paying for Apple's products.

Hey guys i have a slight problem. I am going to get either a iphone 4 16 gb and a htc nexus 1, and i was wondering which is better Android (YEAH!!!) or iOS (hissssssssssssss)? On a side note is there any way i could unlock a iphone with the fallowing specs?

Iphone 4

04.11.08 Modem Firmware

I already tried sam and ultra snow?

Thanks guys! :D

I've been an Android user since the beginning (currently have the DINC2 and an Asus Transformer), however, my wife has an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2. They both have their merits, but I am a much bigger fan of Android by far. Waay more diversity in what you can do to/with it. Her iOS products have always been reliable for a basic user although the lack of Flash support has caused her a lot of aggravation, especially when she sees my device has no issue with it. If you like to hack and mod, I hear both are fun and will do what you want, I have only rooted and reflashed ROMs on Android though so I can't speak to the Jailbreaking side of the house. It is fun to be able to switch between ROMs whenever you like should you get bored with what you've got. Oh yea, and no widgets for iOS which totally blows in my opinion.

Edited by skimpniff

if you had asked me two months ago i would have said iPhone, but my brother got a droid and i'm sooooo jealous! It just seams like you can breathe a lot more with a droid. Not to mention the iPhone currently only supports 3G, while the droid supports 4G. which with Verizon gets you 4GBs of data instead of 2. My brother has a droid razor max, which allows him to do things like USB tethering for free. Any droid should be able to do this but don't quote me on that. I tried with an iPhone and you have to pay for an extra data plan regardless if you want to tether.

Other then that it just seams like the droid is a lot less legalistic then the iPhone, you don't have to crack it because it already allows you to do pretty much whatever you want. Plus you can try your hand at making Android apps for free! while for apple you have to pay $99 bucks just to start.

So my conclusion, get a droid! lol :)

Well if your iphone is jailbroken you can get alot of tweaks to teather:

1. MyWi

2. TeatherME

3. PDANet

Personally, I own an iPhone 4S (my first smartphone), and I love it. Yeah, you are locked into Apple's little sandbox (I don't jailbreak), but I don't see it as a bad thing honestly. I just want something that works and has good support.

It's really more of a question of which ecosystem you prefer. The operating systems have similar functionality and a lot of the same apps are available on both. The Flash argument is dead, as it Adobe won't be actively developing it for Android anymore. Most popular websites have mobile versions now anyway.

Honestly, my biggest complaint about Android is the amount of fragmentation and lack of update support for the average user. ICS has been out for nearly a year and is still only installed on about 10% of devices:

http://developer.and...ards/index.html

http://techcrunch.co...opensignalmaps/

Contrast that with iOS...

http://david-smith.o...osversionstats/

When you have THAT many devices to support, it's infeasible from an business standpoint to provide the latest and greatest version of Android to every device. Apple built their ecosystem on ONE new phone every year, and they make a darn good one if you ask me.

Yes, you do have the option of rooting and installing a custom ROM, but they're often riddled with bugs and updating is a pain. That said, I have installed ICS on my HP Touchpad (bought it on sale from woot.com :D ), and I love it. I'm not an Apple fanboy by any stretch (I still think the iPad is just a big iPod Touch), but I digress.

It's really up to the end user. Both are great choices.

If you do decide to go with iOS, I would wait for the new iPhone (5?) to come out in the fall. If not, bigger and badder Android phones are made every day. :lol:

I have a friend who just recently upgraded to the Galaxy Nexus from the Droid X2, and he really likes it. It's a nice phone. Also have another friend with a Galaxy S III. It's pretty slick, too.

My next phone might be Android, depending on what Apple does with the iPhone in the next year or so. Like I said, I like both, but I just decided to go iOS this go around.

I'm still rocking my dinosaur black berry....only thing it lacks, is tethering, since its on Sprint and has no wifi built in. But I hate touch screen phones, so keeping my BB for now.

I'm still rocking my dinosaur black berry....only thing it lacks, is tethering, since its on Sprint and has no wifi built in. But I hate touch screen phones, so keeping my BB for now.

I still have this, LOL. I'd say go with a droid so long as you find a decent one that can actually operate with overhead, rather than running into CPU 100% issues... gah.

env_orange.jpg