Dhcp Request Of Another Ip Range

I often see clients make a DHCP request to the IP they had on their own accesspoint often in the 192.168.x.x range.

When they are catched by the Jasager it sends a DHCPNAK back telling the client it has a wrong network because Jasager lives in the 172.42.x.x range by default ( i like that range - it fits my networks also ) but that DHCPNAK rejection oftens results in the client leaving (out of range) for good.

Does any one here know how one could add an alias to the Jasager dhcp server (dnsmasq) and have it also respond with a DHCPACK on an ip in that range ( eg 192.168.0.0/16 ) if the IP is free.

Jul 4 13:48:10 gateway daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[1759]: DHCPREQUEST(br-lan) 192.168.1.109 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Jul 4 13:48:10 gateway daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[1759]: DHCPNAK(br-lan) 192.168.1.109 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wrong network

Regards Thermo

uci add network alias

uci set network.@alias[-1].interface=lan

uci set network.@alias[-1].proto=static

uci set network.@alias[-1].ipaddr=192.168.0.1

uci set network.@alias[-1].netmask=255.255.0.0

uci commit network

reboot

So far so good.. hm how do i get the dnsmasq-dhcp process to serv ip's via that alias.. :o/

I guess there should be routing from 192.168.x.x to the 172.16.42.42 gw also..

<_<