Does Anyone In The Uk (or Outside Us) Own The Pineapple Wifi?

pyth0n

Hey, im new to the forums, signed up as i just bought myself a pineapple wifi pro bundle to make life a little easier than backtrack.

I am just wondering if anyone else in the UK (or outside the US) has bought one of these? I ordered it a week ago via USPS priority and its still not arrived, the shipping details say:

Depart USPS Sort Facility June 27, 2012 LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 International Letter

Processed through USPS Sort Facility June 27, 2012, 9:15 pm LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Shipment Accepted June 26, 2012, 4:43 pm RICHMOND, CA 94801

Electronic Shipping Info Received June 26, 2012

I also want to ask, did you have to pay any import taxes or duties? I know im being a little bit impatient and Hak5 state 14-21 days however, the USPS site says 7-10 days.

Thanks!

Hey, im new to the forums, signed up as i just bought myself a pineapple wifi pro bundle to make life a little easier than backtrack.

I am just wondering if anyone else in the UK (or outside the US) has bought one of these? I ordered it a week ago via USPS priority and its still not arrived, the shipping details say:

SNIP 8-< ================================================================

I also want to ask, did you have to pay any import taxes or duties? I know im being a little bit impatient and Hak5 state 14-21 days however, the USPS site says 7-10 days.

Thanks!

I am in the UK. I ordered mine on the 22nd June, and received it on the 30th, so it arrived pretty quick, though your mileage may vary.

The tracking info on USPS is not very verbose, but rest assured, it will be moving through the system.

It was never held in customs. I think as a general rule, customs either snarf packets at random, or go for high value ones.

By the way, if you use it with Backtrack and use the wicd network manager to handle your connections, remove your eth0 (or whatever your wired connection is) from the control of wicd (it's in the preference>general tab).

The reason is, that wicd misbehaves when you run the connection script (wp4.sh), and you seem to end up either being only able to connect to the pineapple, or only being able to connect to the internet.

Edited by plazmatron

I am in the UK. I ordered mine on the 22nd June, and received it on the 30th, so it arrived pretty quick, though your mileage may vary.

The tracking info on USPS is not very verbose, but rest assured, it will be moving through the system.

It was never held in customs. I think as a general rule, customs either snarf packets at random, or go for high value ones.

By the way, if you use it with Backtrack and use the wicd network manager to handle your connections, remove your eth0 (or whatever your wired connection is) from the control of wicd (it's in the preference>general tab).

The reason is, that wicd misbehaves when you run the connection script (wp4.sh), and you seem to end up either being only able to connect to the pineapple, or only being able to connect to the internet.

hey,

Thanks for the reply there!

Ahh thats good! just when i was reading up on USPS tracking and heard it was rather poor i started to worry, was surprised at how quick the pineapple was dispatched!

And also thank you very much for the Wicd advice... that would have probably left me scratching my head for a few days... haha!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...