Sslstrip Redirect For Non Pineapple Interface Traffic

xiolo

Hi all

I have an MKIV running the latest firmware 2.3.1 and with a usb/swap correctly setup.

I am getting an internet connection via the POE/LAN interface (natting router with an IP of 172.16.42.42), and this all out of the box!

So happy getting Internet connectivity through wireless (connecting to pineapple SSID);

So now I have installed sslstrip via the Pineapple Bar gui, and this my issue:

1) When I am hitting 172.16.42.1 (the pineapple itself), I can see the sslstrip log files filling fine on the usb drive (/usb/data/sslstrip/log/output_XXXX.log) for the refreshed pineapple web gui itself.

2) When I am browsing the web, the connection goes straight through (does not get redirected to tcp 10000 I presume?), and obviously no logs in the ssltrip logs.

sslstrip seems to be running fine on ps -ef | grep sslstrip shows the python /usr/bin/sslstrip -a -k -f -w ... running fine.

Any suggestions? I think I am losing my sanity on this :-)

See my earlier post on this. By default iptables does not work on a bridge interface for openwrt. see my earlier post on sslstrip on how to fix that.

Frankly I don't see how anyone can get sslstrip working on the Jasager without this fix.

Edited by thaihenry

See my earlier post on this. By default iptables does not work on a bridge interface for openwrt. see my earlier post on sslstrip on how to fix that.

Frankly I don't see how anyone can get sslstrip working on the Jasager without this fix.

Thanks

Already tried your solution by editing sysctl.conf:

# disable bridge firewalling by default

net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables=1

net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables=1

net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables=1

but it look like openwrt does not have support built in for enabling these options (reloading sysctl.conf gives an error message with these keys not being supported).

So no bridging I am afraid with an ethernet interface for me at the moment.

On the other hand, tethering an android phone (usb0), and the built-in sslstrip (from the modules webui) work fine, after entering the following iptables rules:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 172.16.42.0/24 -o usb0 -j MASQUERADE

iptables -A FORWARD -s 172.16.42.0/24 -o usb0 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -d 172.16.42.0/24 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -i usb0 -j ACCEPT

Interesting, I definitely have it working on my wr703n with the latest version of openwrt (development). I am pretty sure I had it working on the Mark4 also.

Did you reboot? I wonder if there are different versions of the firmware? Is your linux version 3.3?

Edited by thaihenry