Battery Life

The one i have is about one and a quarter the size of the pineapple and it is very light for its capacity! but yours is nice and cheap and gets the job done too :)

I purchased the 16000mAh version of this : Battery

It lasts forever powering MK4 + usb hub + alfa + fon 2100 abc + usb 3G, on this config it lasts 3 days of 10 hours a day powered up.

hey Molotof could you let me know what usb hub your using with the mark4 and if it works all the time when plugged in from the start of powering the pineapple?

I am having problems and tested on two mark4s with 3 hubs:(

hey Molotof could you let me know what usb hub your using with the mark4 and if it works all the time when plugged in from the start of powering the pineapple?

I am having problems and tested on two mark4s with 3 hubs:(

It's a Belkin 4port powered with USB from the I.sound battery , as I cut the power adapter for it and connected to a USB cable , the model number is : f5u404-wht-tg and got it from target.

Good luck :)

still no confirmation from hak shop but the two I received a while back don't work unless I plug it in after about one minute after powering the pineapple, plus another one I had did the same

thank you so much for this petertfm. I need it to handle the 3G too.

I haven't yet purchased a battery for this nifty thing. I have 2 of 'em and it's been a blast just using my laptops battery. I can't wait for some covert drops....

I have tried both with supplying extra power and just what the pineapple produces.

I noticed something when i started testing this hub and in general any hub will lock the state of the usb devices connected to it, so what i mean is when you provide external power to the usb separate from the pineapple, the device initialize only once so when you reboot the pineapple the device does not reinitialize again and then you get a problem, which is the pineapple does not see or able to communicate with the usb device.

So in short power off all and power on all at the same time, try it and let me know please :)

I noticed something when i started testing this hub and in general any hub will lock the state of the usb devices connected to it, so what i mean is when you provide external power to the usb separate from the pineapple, the device initialize only once so when you reboot the pineapple the device does not reinitialize again and then you get a problem, which is the pineapple does not see or able to communicate with the usb device.

So in short power off all and power on all at the same time, try it and let me know please :)

what you explained is what happens to me but it does not matter if rebooting or powering all at the same time, even plugging the hub into the pineapple say 30 seconds after powering causes this, works when all the lights come on then you plug in the hub.

now I wonder if there is a command that could be issued via the pineapple that could solve this?

Edited by petertfm

what you explained is what happens to me but it does not matter if rebooting or powering all at the same time, even plugging the hub into the pineapple say 30 seconds after powering causes this, works when all the lights come on then you plug in the hub.

now I wonder if there is a command that could be issued via the pineapple that could solve this?

What do you have connected to produce this lockup after 30 seconds ?

What do you have connected to produce this lockup after 30 seconds ?

no what happens is it locks up after powering the pineapple, right from the start, regardless if I power the hub,

what makes it work is plugging in the usb cable into the pineapple after all the lights have turned on about 1 minute

tried with just the thumb drive and just the NHA, same results.

no what happens is it locks up after powering the pineapple, right from the start, regardless if I power the hub,

what makes it work is plugging in the usb cable into the pineapple after all the lights have turned on about 1 minute

tried with just the thumb drive and just the NHA, same results.

Well looks like you have a bad bad bad usb hub, as i have my pineapple running fine with power up and on going for 8 hours without a reboot, also rebooting the states of the devices connected are normal and no lock ups, also there seems to be a sweet spot so try one at a time in a different port on the hub that makes it last longer without a lockup.

Well looks like you have a bad bad bad usb hub, as i have my pineapple running fine with power up and on going for 8 hours without a reboot, also rebooting the states of the devices connected are normal and no lock ups, also there seems to be a sweet spot so try one at a time in a different port on the hub that makes it last longer without a lockup.

it also happened with a $30 hub I purchased. and tried on two different mark4's

are you using the hub from hak shop?

Edited by petertfm

it also happened with a $30 hub I purchased. and tried on two different mark4's

are you using the hub from hak shop?

I am using a Belkin model : f5u404-wht-tg