Mk4 Software On Fon2100?

Hello all,

I have a Fon 2100 A/B/C, and I am currently building a serial cable so I can flash it with the older Mark 1 firmware (it currently has a stock Fonera firmware).

This is more of a preemptive question, since I don't actually have the hardware ready yet. I have seen videos on Youtube showing the impressive Mark 4 interface (great work guys!), and I am wondering if there is a way to update the web interface on the old Mark 1 firmware to the new web interface used on the Mark 4?

I know I cannot simply flash the Mark 4 firmware to my Fonera, rather, I was thinking that there might be a way to copy over the web interface file from a Mark 4 to the Mark 1.

I did try searching the forums for topics of a similar sort, but did not seem to find any. If you know of any information that could help me out, could you point me in the right direction? Many of the wiki pages related to the old Mark 1 firmware are giving 404 errors.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I have a Fon 2100 A/B/C, and I am currently building a serial cable so I can flash it with the older Mark 1 firmware (it currently has a stock Fonera firmware).

This is more of a preemptive question, since I don't actually have the hardware ready yet. I have seen videos on Youtube showing the impressive Mark 4 interface (great work guys!), and I am wondering if there is a way to update the web interface on the old Mark 1 firmware to the new web interface used on the Mark 4?

I know I cannot simply flash the Mark 4 firmware to my Fonera, rather, I was thinking that there might be a way to copy over the web interface file from a Mark 4 to the Mark 1.

I did try searching the forums for topics of a similar sort, but did not seem to find any. If you know of any information that could help me out, could you point me in the right direction? Many of the wiki pages related to the old Mark 1 firmware are giving 404 errors.

Thanks in advance!

Mark III firmware will flash on the Fon2100 but it may be a bit sluggish. You cannot put Mark IV Firmware on Fon2100. Keep in mind. You may have to downgrade/jailbreak your Fon2100. I'd suggest getting the Mark IV Hardware platform.

Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

You will not be able to copy over the interface. Technically, you could copy over the PHP files but that is little use without the firmware back-end.

The MK4 hardware is required to be able to take advantage of the MK4 UI and features.

Best,

Sebkinne