Ms Word's Encrypt

daven

well hello guys i've been trying all day to find the password to a word file(.docx)

the problem is that its encrypted with some wierd crypt that might be RSA but not for sure.

i tried to use hex editor to find an key for the password or some text inside the document, with no succes.

also i made the file as zip and open it with the 7zip to watch each file of the doc library, and all what was there was encrypted.

if someone can help me to findout what a password for a locked .docx file (open password).

ill be thankfull :)

thank you for reading.

post-38892-0-91799700-1339534167_thumb.p

There are tools for doing this, but without a link to the file, no one can attempt to break it. Either way, could contain malware that executes with or without the password. WHere did you get the document from?

EmcoSoft is an excellent password cracker, supporting a variety of file formats. But its a commercial software, that must be purchased.

But I would be cautious when cracking that file, as Digip pointed out it could contain a malware or worm.

its safe file, ill put here link for it-

my friend gave me this docx

http://www.mediafire.com/?e1fle712h2cwm6g

edit: i've been searching all over the internet and i saw that the only possible way to crack it

its with brut force attack.

but it can take years to crack it if it got little bit more then 5 letters.

Edited by daven

its safe file, ill put here link for it-

my friend gave me this docx

http://www.mediafire.com/?e1fle712h2cwm6g

edit: i've been searching all over the internet and i saw that the only possible way to crack it

its with brut force attack.

but it can take years to crack it if it got little bit more then 5 letters.

GPU cracking is where it's at. Since it is a docx, it has a bit more security than say a doc (MS Office 97-2000)

i downloaded the file - http://www.golubev.com/hashgpu.htm

but i couldnt understand how to use the program.

i cant make the connection betwen the program and the .docx file :X

please some help:)?

Program to recover/crack SHA1, MD5 & MD4 hashes.

I tried to google around to find a free, linux friendly recovery tool; but I couldn't find one.

There are paid software out there that will do it. Elcomsoft has a nice distributed software package that would do the job.

I wonder how difficult this would be to create in C++ or python?

Maybe some of the more experienced coders can chime in, but all we're doing is reading stdout, and inputting value's via stdin to the "user" and "password" parameters right? Then one could code an if statement inside of an iteration that reads stdout and says something like "if stdout == 'access denied', continue trying, else return (user & pass)?? That's my vague idea, but something like that?

I wouldn't know where to start, but I'd be happy to give it a shot with a little help and we could create a hak5 doc/docx password cracker : )

when it comes to long char passwords it can take years.

but this specific program that Mr-Protocol gave me uses also the GPU force.. that can raise the number of password per sec up to 27m and somewhere i saw 1 bill though i cant belive its possible.

thats means that its possible to crack password with 7-8 words in 1-2 days :)

so I belive its pretty hard to make this program with C++ nor python