Stock Reset Mark Iv

Greetings!

I just got a Pineapple Mark IV and I ended up running out of space on it (can't save any settings or changes). I formatted a 4 GB USB key to a 3GB Ext4 partition and a 1GB Swap and the pineapple recognizes it, but symlinks don't seem to solve the issue. I'm running the latest firmware (2.3.1) and I'm trying to do a reset and... it's not working. I've tried the reset button on the bottom, I've tried doing it from the web interface, no joy any way. Right this second I have it in recovery mode (I can telnet in via 192.168.1.1), and maybe I'm being derptarded, but I don't see a reset script.

The pineapple is NOT bricked. I just want to Etch-A-Sketch this bad boy and start fresh.

tl;dr: How do I restore the pineapple to stock settings (wiping everything)?

Greetings!

I just got a Pineapple Mark IV and I ended up running out of space on it (can't save any settings or changes). I formatted a 4 GB USB key to a 3GB Ext4 partition and a 1GB Swap and the pineapple recognizes it, but symlinks don't seem to solve the issue. I'm running the latest firmware (2.3.1) and I'm trying to do a reset and... it's not working. I've tried the reset button on the bottom, I've tried doing it from the web interface, no joy any way. Right this second I have it in recovery mode (I can telnet in via 192.168.1.1), and maybe I'm being derptarded, but I don't see a reset script.

The pineapple is NOT bricked. I just want to Etch-A-Sketch this bad boy and start fresh.

tl;dr: How do I restore the pineapple to stock settings (wiping everything)?

follow the shmoocon instructions

http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/index.php?flashing

follow the shmoocon instructions

http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/index.php?flashing

In the immortal words of Joe Esposito: "You're the best".

Now if only I could figure out how to get the swap to work. I'm following the directions from here: http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25882&st=0&p=198228&hl=ext4&fromsearch=1entry198228 , and it's mounting my USB, but when I issue the "mkswap /dev/sda2" command and rebooting, "free" still shows 0 0 0 for swap.

It's a hard knock life.

EDIT: Disregard that last bit. My common sense was eaten by a grue and I forgot to enable the swap mount in fstab. You're still my hero.

Edited by Digitalia

In the immortal words of Joe Esposito: "You're the best".

Now if only I could figure out how to get the swap to work. I'm following the directions from here: http://forums.hak5.o...=1 , and it's mounting my USB, but when I issue the "mkswap /dev/sda2" command and rebooting, "free" still shows 0 0 0 for swap.

It's a hard knock life.

does your fstab look like

config global automount
   	option from_fstab 1
   	option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap
   	option from_fstab 1
   	option anon_swap 1

config mount
   	option target   /usb
   	option device   /dev/sda1
   	option fstype   ext4
   	option options  rw,sync
   	option enabled  1
   	option enabled_fsck 0

config swap
   	option device   /dev/sda2
   	option enabled  1

and when you ssh in can you brows to "cd /usb/" and try making a file like "touch test.txt" then "ls" to see the contents.

does your fstab look like

config global automount
   	option from_fstab 1
   	option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap
   	option from_fstab 1
   	option anon_swap 1

config mount
   	option target   /usb
   	option device   /dev/sda1
   	option fstype   ext4
   	option options  rw,sync
   	option enabled  1
   	option enabled_fsck 0

config swap
   	option device   /dev/sda2
   	option enabled  1

and when you ssh in can you brows to "cd /usb/" and try making a file like "touch test.txt" then "ls" to see the contents.

Yea, I forgot to enable swap in fstab. Thanks for the quick response!