Markiv Issue After 2.3.0 Upgrade

so i upgraded to 2.3.0 took out the usb that was setup once with the swap.had on 2.1.0 sslstrip on usb.

now with out any usb in the device i cant get sslstrip to install on internal device.getting error message and looks like its stuck

noticed also that i still somehow after clean flash had some errors show.

even did the factory reset.then reboot.and still had some opkg module listed.

this is what it list if i try to install sslstrip from the opkg module.

Installing sslstrip (0.7-1) to root..

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/sslstrip_0.7-1_ar71xx.ipk.

Multiple packages (libpthread and lipbthread)providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.

Multiple packages (libpthread and lipbthread)providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.

Installing python (2.7.3-1) to root ....

and thats where it stays

you can't install sslstrip and all the dependency's on the mark 4 without the usb storage, too big, also swap is a good idea if you don't want your pineapple rebooting from low memory.

also when using the opkg module it does not show all the error messages, ssh in and manually install and you will see all the messages.

Edited by petertfm

had it working with the usb plugged in but when i rebooted pineapple wouldnt work.take usb out and all works fine

I have the same issue after flashing to version 2.3.1, I go to pop in my usb with data partition and swap partition and set all the correct options in usb config page and now the PoE lan port is not working anymore. Wifi works fine but can't access the PoE for tethering with laptop anymore. Checked my windows 7 settings and it is definitely not that since I had it working just a few minutes before adding those options to get the swap working on it. I know this type of issue with PoE lan has been going on for a few firmware releases now I am just wondering if there is a possible fix that anyone could share with us. I checked forums and google but looks like theres nothing to fix it yet.

I have the same issue after flashing to version 2.3.1, I go to pop in my usb with data partition and swap partition and set all the correct options in usb config page and now the PoE lan port is not working anymore. Wifi works fine but can't access the PoE for tethering with laptop anymore. Checked my windows 7 settings and it is definitely not that since I had it working just a few minutes before adding those options to get the swap working on it. I know this type of issue with PoE lan has been going on for a few firmware releases now I am just wondering if there is a possible fix that anyone could share with us. I checked forums and google but looks like theres nothing to fix it yet.

close anything on your computer that is trying to access 172.16.42.1, then reboot pineapple and try accessing the ui or ssh counting 15 seconds after all the lights come on. this happens to me often for some reason, what ever changes I have made to the pineapple If I try to access it before it is fully loaded and counting about 15 seconds it botches the whole thing and I have to reboot???

edit:

I am using windows 7 64bit with ics

Edited by petertfm

I had this problem with the Poe/LAN not working with USB modem pluged in, I done a manual upgrade using ssh and followed whistle master,s instructions and that fixed it for me

Just a quick tip for those like me who experience problem to automount the sdcard in the modem at boot :) My sdcard was not mounting at boot and I had to launch /etc/init.d/fstad reload to mount it by ssh.

Edit /etc/init.d/fstad to add sleep 15 in the start() function like this:

start() {
	. /lib/functions/mount.sh

sleep 15

config_load fstab
	mkdir -p /var/lock
	lock /var/lock/fstab.lck
	[ -e /tmp/fstab ] || {
		echo '# WARNING: this is an auto generated file, please use uci to set defined filesystems' > /tmp/fstab
	}
	lock -u /var/lock/fstab.lck
	config_foreach do_swapon swap
	config_foreach do_mount mount
	config_foreach do_swapon swap  # do swap a second time so that swap on filesystems is enabled
}

Edited by kevambert