How Many Of You Support Operation Mayhem And Why?

ki4jgt

Who all supports opperation mayhem-2012 and why do you support it? For the record, I do not b/c I believe with that much of a data dump there is bound to be personal information included and some innocent bystanders will be hurt.

Had to look that one up, I don't follow much of anything those people do. I for one think it's kind of pointless. Sure you can transfer your files, but isn't it also true that regardless of how many people you have on a project, how well built it is, there will almost always be a flaw in the security sooner or later? Someone just has to find it first. That's what I was taught to believe anyways, maybe that's not the case in reality but that's my philosophy. I think it will be likely to come crashing down sooner or later.

I think they give a bad name to hackers, conduct themselves like teenagers and are a complete waste of valuabe bandwidth. One day they'll learn change doesn't come by whining on the internet and posting people's private info.

Imagine the world we'd live in if George Washington had thought that "revolution" meant handing out copies of the Queen's diary. I'm glad he knew the real meaning of the word though!

I think they give a bad name to hackers, conduct themselves like teenagers and are a complete waste of valuabe bandwidth. One day they'll learn change doesn't come by whining on the internet and posting people's private info.

Imagine the world we'd live in if George Washington had thought that "revolution" meant handing out copies of the Queen's diary. I'm glad he knew the real meaning of the word though!

LOL, well the pedo sites they brought down inside of Tor was a good thing but they've allowed all the power to go to their heads (whether it's the same group or not who does operation Mayhem.) I've never agreed with anything they've done whole-heartedly. I have noticed the positives afterwards though. However, they have gone from picking on government agencies and companies who may have serious security concerns to sectors which are a tad more private. Though it's funny and could be conceived as the robin hood personality with entities which do not make known their intentions (not that I condone hacking illegally because I don't). There are always two sides to every coin. Companies which aren't supposed to make known their intentions because they are protecting something like say, one of the workers in one of those companies has AIDS and it's on their medical record, with as much of a data dump as this is proposing there's no way of keeping that type of information private. I would honestly be afraid of what they found on me. I don't even work for those companies but I am involved with a couple. I know I wouldn't want that information getting out. What's worse, we don't even know who "they" are, so for as far as we know, they could use this information to black-mail any of us. I pity the person low enough to help them in their data dump this time.

I support Operation Get A Job, Operation Feed Your Children, and Operation Put A Roof Over My Head. You want to start a revolution, it starts in your home. Educate your children, and I don't mean brain wash them to hate their government, although Syria might be a case where the world has already waited too long to try and help, but aside from that, you fight the system, by using the system against itself. Half of why OpWallStreet and the others are failing, is because they have no true representation. They need lawyers to fight the government's, corporation's and banking industries' lawyers. As for the whole "we take down and expose networks to bring security awareness" is total bullshit. You find a flaw, you report it, or you go public, but not at the expense of handing out credit card data and personal info on these people. Go to the media, news outlets, security vendors and such, but once you start acting as if you are saving the world by destroying it with your anarchy, I lose all respect for you.

I believe in the right to protest, privacy, bear arms, and challenge our government when they have done wrong. I don't however support the way in which it has been done with all these OpInsertBOredTeenagersRantsandAngstHere campaigns, which has only led to violence and hurting the innocents in the process. All these kids, are pawns, playing the game of a few on the upper echelon of what is going on, and if you think otherwise, you are naive. If we want there to be anything left for the next generation to come, and the generation after that, then everything we are doing to will only ensure that there is nothing left. I fear for my children, to have to grow up in a world, where their government has become the enemy, and the nations of the world care more about spying on their own citizens, than they do protecting and caring for them. We're all on this big blue ball of shit together, and the more we destroy it, the quicker we flush our future and out children's down the toilet.

Heres a novel thought. How about OperationChillTheFuckOut or OpPeace.

Edited by digip

I support Operation Get A Job, Operation Feed Your Children, and Operation Put A Roof Over My Head. You want to start a revolution, it starts in your home. Educate your children, and I don't mean brain wash them to hate their government, although Syria might be a case where the world has already waited too long to try and help, but aside from that, you fight the system, by using the system against itself. Half of why OpWallStreet and the others are failing, is because they have no true representation. They need lawyers to fight the government's, corporation's and banking industries' lawyers. As for the whole "we take down and expose networks to bring security awareness" is total bullshit. You find a flaw, you report it, or you go public, but not at the expense of handing out credit card data and personal info on these people. Go to the media, news outlets, security vendors and such, but once you start acting as if you are saving the world by destroying it with your anarchy, I lose all respect for you.

I believe in the right to protest, privacy, bear arms, and challenge our government when they have done wrong. I don't however support the way in which it has been done with all these OpInsertBOredTeenagersRantsandAngstHere campaigns, which has only led to violence and hurting the innocents in the process. All these kids, are pawns, playing the game of a few on the upper echelon of what is going on, and if you think otherwise, you are naive. If we want there to be anything left for the next generation to come, and the generation after that, then everything we are doing to will only ensure that there is nothing left. I fear for my children, to have to grow up in a world, where their government has become the enemy, and the nations of the world care more about spying on their own citizens, than they do protecting and caring for them. We're all on this big blue ball of shit together, and the more we destroy it, the quicker we flush our future and out children's down the toilet.

Heres a novel thought. How about OperationChillTheFuckOut or OpPeace.

That would be a great op LOL. OpPeace that is. Since anyone can claim being anonymous, maybe someone should start it up, post a video on youtube and claim it under anonymous. Something along the lines of We (anonymous) have found the error in our ways ROTFL. That's bound to turn some heads. Don't mean to keep bringing this thread up though but how many people are behind anonymous per se? Does anyone know for sure? Have their numbers dropped since the pedo sites were shut down (The last thing I heard about them until I googled them and came up with this stupid plan)?