Iptables Redirect Ip Help

Hi. I want to be able to redirect all traffic going to the ip 1.3.3.7 to 172.16.42.42! I have tried everything that came up in the google results, but none of them worked. I followed instructions, but at the end, the traffic doesn't seem to be forwarded. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance... ;)

Hi. I want to be able to redirect all traffic going to the ip 1.3.3.7 to 172.16.42.42! I have tried everything that came up in the google results, but none of them worked. I followed instructions, but at the end, the traffic doesn't seem to be forwarded. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance... ;)

I'm not sure if this really fits in the Jasager thread or maybe more for Questions? Could you elaborate more on the reasoning behind why you want to do the aforementioned?

I love the idea of using 1.3.3.7:-D

would setting up that ip in the /etc/config/network file help?

If this works I vote to make it a standard for the pineapple

assuming this is used so people can hard code the ip 1.3.3.7 into there payloads and then in the pineapple ui change where 1.3.3.7 goes to IE 172.16.42.42 or maybe yourEvilServer.com:-D

I love the idea of using 1.3.3.7:-D

would setting up that ip in the /etc/config/network file help?

If this works I vote to make it a standard for the pineapple

assuming this is used so people can hard code the ip 1.3.3.7 into there payloads and then in the pineapple ui change where 1.3.3.7 goes to IE 172.16.42.42 or maybe yourEvilServer.com:-D

Yes, that is exactly the idea :D

I'm looking into the /etc/config/network file

I already uploaded the new evil java module, but it's not up in the pineapple bar yet! If you have any other awesome ideas like this one, let me know. Cheers

That IP address is in use by someone else: http://www.domaintools.com/research/reverse-ip/?hostname=1.3.3.7

Obviously we don't really care as we're messing around with DNS entries anyway but thought it worth noting.

If you want to direct traffic for 1.3.3.7 to 172.16.42.42 shouldn't you simply use a route?

route add 1.3.3.7 mask 255.255.255.255 172.16.42.42

I've tested this on a windows machine I have handy, I will have to wait to test on my pineapple.

If you actually mean you want that IP address to be the IP address of the pineapple then you probably want to think about what you are doing as you really should use private IP address ranges for Private networks, the one you wish to use is a pubic one and shouldn't really be used as a private network.

• 4 weeks later...