Wifi Jammer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem.. Here is my setup...

Pineapple running Karma (wlan0) added this MAC to Whitelist

Pineapple connecting to internet through Raspberry PI running Kali. Pi connects to internet via wireless to my iPhone. No problems there. I get an ip on the Pineapple etc.. internet works, karma works etc...

I also whitelisted the MAC of the iPhone hotspot.

When I click start to start the death it disconnects everthing connected to the Pineapple even though I whitelisted WLAN0 MAC.

My Pi's connection to the iPhone stays connected however (as it should as it is also whitelisted)

In the whitelisting txt window it looks like:

#iPhone

00:01:02:03:04:05

#Pineapple

01:02:03:04:05:06

In the blacklisting windows it looks like:

#Every AP

[a-zA-Z0-9]*

My wlan1 interface that I'm putting in to monitor mode is an Alfa AWUS036NH.

I'm confused.... :/

Update:

It seems that once I start the jammer wlan0 interface goes down. I was running airodump-ng on my kali laptop. It was displaying my Pineapple's ESSID up until about 5 seconds after I ran jammer on Wlan1 Mon0.

So, it's not deauthing me. It seems it shutting down WLAN0. Any ideas?

I am having this same problem =/

• 3 weeks later...

ok, this works. I know because i got disconnected from my AP the 1t time i tried it :P

But, i can not get it to work with the right interface and having karma up at the same time.

I am using the mark4 with firmware 2.8.1.
tested it with alfa AWUS036H and with card that comes with the Pineapple.
what i do is: start the mark, connect to laptop via cable to get internet, use the network manager to share the connection with karma (this is my default setup have tested and works), connect the wifi card, go to the jammer module, select wlan1 and press start, the interface comes up (i see the led flashing). From here on or i do something wrong or i dont know what is what....
i start monitoring on wlan1{output: 'start monitor on wlan1...'} and it come up with mon0.
While wlan1 is selected and mon0 i press start jammer. {my output is always this:

"Starting WiFi Jammer...

Interface : wlan0
Monitor : mon0
Number of deauths to send : 0
Sleeping time in seconds : 10
DeAuth'ing 7C:XX:A5:XX:XX:4D...
Sleeping for 10 seconds...
Sleeping for 10 seconds..."}
tested with a power hub too, same output. Have not changed any of the other settings.
I 'know' that the 'right' output should be something like:

"Starting WiFi Jammer...

Interface : wlan1
Sleeping for 10 seconds..."
no?
thx in advance.

Edit: Forgot to say that i have wightlisted the pineapples mac as the one of my legit ap.

Edited by bitSS

ok, this works. I know because i got disconnected from my AP the 1t time i tried it :P

But, i can not get it to work with the right interface and having karma up at the same time.

I am using the mark4 with firmware 2.8.1.
tested it with alfa AWUS036H and with card that comes with the Pineapple.
what i do is: start the mark, connect to laptop via cable to get internet, use the network manager to share the connection with karma (this is my default setup have tested and works), connect the wifi card, go to the jammer module, select wlan1 and press start, the interface comes up (i see the led flashing). From here on or i do something wrong or i dont know what is what....
i start monitoring on wlan1{output: 'start monitor on wlan1...'} and it come up with mon0.
While wlan1 is selected and mon0 i press start jammer. {my output is always this:

"Starting WiFi Jammer...

Sleeping for 10 seconds..."}
tested with a power hub too, same output. Have not changed any of the other settings.
I 'know' that the 'right' output should be something like:

"Starting WiFi Jammer...

Interface : wlan1
Sleeping for 10 seconds..."
no?
thx in advance.

Edit: Forgot to say that i have wightlisted the pineapples mac as the one of my legit ap.

I've got the same problem as you bitSS.

Before upgrading from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 everything worked fine, so I think it has something to do with 2.8.1 and wifi jammer not working too well together?

Would be nice to have Whistle Master's comment on this......

We actually don't officially support the AWUS036H anymore. There have been too many issues with it. We recommend (and sell in the hakshop) the AWUS036NHA instead.

Mine is an AWUS036NHA. I also got a D-Link DWA-140 witch also worked fine under 2.8.0, but same problem as stated above with 2.8.1 :-(

But I do not know if it is the 2.8.1 firmware or the Wifi Jammer that is the problem?

Nice work with this awesome infusion. First time i try this out and don't get it working :(

Using 2.8.1 on a Alfa AP121U and wanted to try it out as a stand-alone wifi jammer. After starting monitor and jammer on wlan0, my phone and ipod are still continuously connected to my home AP though the output is showing me, that my AP is de-authenticating:

Starting WiFi Jammer...
DeAuth'ing 4C:XX:DE:XX:XX:19...

Any ideas? Thx!

• 2 weeks later...

After a bunch of trying I finally got it to work last night. I had to stop wlan0 and wlan1 (AWUS036NHA), then start them again. Select wlan1 from the dropdown (have no idea if this makes a difference), then click start jammer (no mon running, it started it automatically). It finally went to wlan1 and started deauthing. I will try to duplicate the process and post more details tonight.

I have a somewhat related question though: Once i start jamming, how do I get the clients to connect to my WiFiPineapple? I tried this on my home wifi (SSID DuoM, we'll say), and I could see that my phone was constantly getting disconnected from DuoM, but when it connected back it was connecting to the actual AP, not the pineapple through Karma. Is that now how its supposed to work or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

-- UPDATE--

I tried every combination of settings possible and no dice. I finally decided to just reboot the pineapple, and when it started up fresh, everything worked. Karma was running on wlan0 and after clicking "start" on the jammer (nothing else, just start - no dropdowns or anything), it started on wlan1 and ran just fine...

I'm still not sure if the jammed clients are supposed to connect back to the karma service, or how thats supposed to work. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by DuoM

After a bunch of trying I finally got it to work last night. I had to stop wlan0 and wlan1 (AWUS036NHA), then start them again. Select wlan1 from the dropdown (have no idea if this makes a difference), then click start jammer (no mon running, it started it automatically). It finally went to wlan1 and started deauthing. I will try to duplicate the process and post more details tonight.

I have a somewhat related question though: Once i start jamming, how do I get the clients to connect to my WiFiPineapple? I tried this on my home wifi (SSID DuoM, we'll say), and I could see that my phone was constantly getting disconnected from DuoM, but when it connected back it was connecting to the actual AP, not the pineapple through Karma. Is that now how its supposed to work or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

-- UPDATE--

I tried every combination of settings possible and no dice. I finally decided to just reboot the pineapple, and when it started up fresh, everything worked. Karma was running on wlan0 and after clicking "start" on the jammer (nothing else, just start - no dropdowns or anything), it started on wlan1 and ran just fine...

I'm still not sure if the jammed clients are supposed to connect back to the karma service, or how thats supposed to work. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for helping me out friend, and as to your question about reconnecting clients, i have noticed in all my pineapple use (jammer running or not) that for me karma has to hear a probe request a few times in a row before answering. And one other thing is proximity, if the clients are have a better signal to the legit ap, then chances are they may connect to that instead of you. Its kinda a game of chance.

Guest nvysel24

hey thanks for the great project. Just one suggestion I was thinking you could add. Currently I have been using the jammer to kick all my clients off then go straight to karma and start it up which then i can usually get a few to connect.
Currently the interface is a little slow as to start this let it run for 10 seconds stop it then go to karma and start that.
Would it be possible to add an option so that you could start the jammer for a specified time (eg; 10 seconds) with all the settings you offer/already have then it auto stops at a certain time then kicks off karma instantly ?

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit im finding this infusion very frustrating. Without any basic instructions on how it should be working its hard to know when / how things are going wrong.

Maybe someone can clear up a few basic things for me.

- What's the difference between setting the Wlan interface to wlan0 or wlan1?

- What's starting and stopping the monitor supposed to do. What's the role of the monitor?

- Ive got the Alfa wireless card plugged into the pineapple so what should the settings be? Wlan interface to wlan0 and Monitor to Mon0?

- All in all has anyone got this jammer to work ok and not deauthorise the pineapple so people can still connect to it with karma?

Thanks

Edited by WideEyedAndClueless

Ok since your having trouble you should visit the wiki page. ( https://github.com/WiFiPineapple/web-interface/wiki )

. wlan0 usually means your pineapples wireless radio. Setting it to wlan1 or wlan2 etc. will specify to use an external wifi radio.

2 Basically allows you to see and MONitor packets in the air without associating with any access points or devices ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_mode )

3. Yes you need to add your Pineapples ssid to the white-list and you must either use an external radio to deauth if you wish to keep karma running. Otherwise if i'm not mistaken you must connect to your pineapple via eth0 and use the pineapples wireless radio to deauth clients, but then I don't think you will be able to run karma.

Me personally I prefer to use mdk3 and a Awus036H wifi adapter to deauth clients.

As of recently the support for the Awus036h has been dropped I believe. Better to use the Awus036NHA ( http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/alfa-usb-wifi-awus036nha )

Edited by deathdealerxx

Thanks for the reply Deathdealerxx , thats helpful. I should have the Awus036NHA as i got the full pineapple package last week.

I thought it was the MAC address and not the SSID you had to add to the whitelist. From what i understood the format of the white list was something like

#Pineapple

00-c0-ca-68-5x-0x

Where the # was a commented out line.

I cant get the jammer running without killing the signal to the pineapple.

What im doing:

- Ive got the pineapple mac in the whitelist.

- I go to the jammer , set "WLAN interface" to wlan1 and click start which makes the wireless usb card light come on.

- The "WLAN interface" then flicks back to wlan0.

- Start the jammer and the pineapple disappears.

Simple walk-through on how to use it would be handy. It seems im not the only one having problems.

Edited by WideEyedAndClueless

FYI, I'm also experiencing the behavior where every permutation of drop-downs (or not using drop-downs as DuoM mentioned) leads to wlan0 starting instead of wlan1.

On 2.8.1 using a awus036NHA plugged directly into the mkiv which is plugged into a wall charger.

Edited by guybrush

[...]

- I go to the jammer , set "WLAN interface" to wlan1 and click start which makes the wireless usb card light come on.

- The "WLAN interface" then flicks back to wlan0.

- Start the jammer and the pineapple disappears.

[...]

Which "start" link do you mean ? The links, just next to the list of interfaces (| Start - Stop [Auto] |) are not to start the jammer, but only to manipulate the interfaces (UP, DOWN and auto: UP then DOWN). So that's a normal behavior, if you select wlan1, then select "Start", the list of interfaces is refreshed and wlan0 is selected again.

I will update the first post with a simple walk-through.

I found a bug as well which I will fix in the next version.

EDIT:

- version 3.1 is out with bug fixes.

- usage and troubleshooting procedures are detailed in the first post.

Edited by Whistle Master

When i run the jammer, only some clients get deauthed. For example, my phone, iPad and laptop are all connected to the same AP. And when I run the jammer only my phone gets deauthed. I am using wlan0 for my deauth.

• 4 weeks later...

when I use the jammer my pineapple stops sending its ssid. I need to disable the wifi and then enable it back. is this the normal way. i'm using the 3.0.0 firmware

When you are "Jamming" or DeAuthing, you are using your pineapples internal wifi interface to carry out the DeAuthentacation attack, thus not allowing you to broadcast an SSID. It is normal and everything is fine. Enjoy the pineapple

-BOOB00