Antenna For Wifi Pineapple

willowtech

Hi all.

I am looking to use a new antenna on the wifi pineapple. I know I need a RP-SMA connector on the cable but should it be male or female?

I am overseas at the moment so do not have acces to the pineapple to check.

All the external high gain antennas I have found have RP-SMA female.

Hi all.

I am looking to use a new antenna on the wifi pineapple. I know I need a RP-SMA connector on the cable but should it be male or female?

I am overseas at the moment so do not have acces to the pineapple to check.

All the external high gain antennas I have found have RP-SMA female.

I started to have a lengthy reply until my power blinked out for a second and poof gone. It was going on about how you can google-fu and get pics or FCC ID to external/internal photos. But basically, you can just go with what is most popular. But what you want is a female RP-SMA on the antenna. I'm not sure they make a male RP-SMA antenna.

FCC ID Search link: http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

FCC ID: UQ2121

I started to have a lengthy reply until my power blinked out for a second and poof gone. It was going on about how you can google-fu and get pics or FCC ID to external/internal photos. But basically, you can just go with what is most popular. But what you want is a female RP-SMA on the antenna. I'm not sure they make a male RP-SMA antenna.

FCC ID Search link: http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

FCC ID: UQ2121

Thanks for the reply. I ended up picking a 16dBi for $30 in Singapore with a Female connector.

Cheers