How To Change Bssid?

ptrac3

Is there a way to correctly change the BSSID of the MARK IV Ssid's? I've tried editing the /etc/config/wireless but it doesn't work..Any tricks?

there are many things preventing this I think, I spent hours trying to change mac address of wlan0.

seems it may have to be fixed the way new karma works with hostapd? that's my guess

there are many things preventing this I think, I spent hours trying to change mac address of wlan0.

seems it may have to be fixed the way new karma works with hostapd? that's my guess

I don't know , but i think it could be possiible to change the mac address with a chipset supporting perfeclty both monitoring and injection..(also binary macchanger is shipped into the original firmware) I've looked into /lib/wifi/phy0/mac80211.sh and other script and found that mac address is defined cating the /sys/class/ieee80211/macaddress..Any tricks to change the MAC of the card or the BSSID of created AP?(educational purposes only of course)

It is possible but it requires a bit of a hacky fix in the firmware.

It will get implemented soon, I am sure.

Best,

Sebkinne

Good news : ) maybe with flashing it's possible to change the /sys/class/ieee80211/macaddress value..But actually i don't have the jtag interface..

Is there any chance of it being implemented in future firmware versions or modules? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...