Redirect To Other Webpages?

Ok so I am a complete n00b to coding anything (HTML I can do). I should also say that nyan cat / rick roll are working with no issues, but how do you direct to a website rather than a local file/mp3? I thought it would be simple as editing the DNS spoof list and landing page but that has not worked for me. I have also messed around with the redirect.php file and was successful in getting facebook redirected to a webpage, but I lack the PHP experience to make this for any website (no wildcards in PHP?).

Ok so I am a complete n00b to coding anything (HTML I can do). I should also say that nyan cat / rick roll are working with no issues, but how do you direct to a website rather than a local file/mp3? I thought it would be simple as editing the DNS spoof list and landing page but that has not worked for me. I have also messed around with the redirect.php file and was successful in getting facebook redirected to a webpage, but I lack the PHP experience to make this for any website (no wildcards in PHP?).

Pretty easy. Just edit the DNS spoof host file to look something like this.

172.16.42.1 205.196.209.62

Pretty easy. Just edit the DNS spoof host file to look something like this.

172.16.42.1 205.196.209.62

Thanks for the reply. I think I actually tried this when I first got the pineapple and it did not seem to work, but I will give it another shot when I get home.

problem is if your redirecting everything "172.16.42.1 *" and then in a local html or php file redirect or send them to www.google.com they go back to 172.16.42.1/index.php

if you redirect say only a few sites "172.16.42.1 facebook.com" then anytime someone goes to facebook.com they get redirected to 172.16.42.1/index.php and after that you send them to google.com, they are not sent back to the pineapple because there is no rule for "172.16.42.1 google.com"

make sure ICS is working.

Edited by petertfm

ok so here is my host file:

172.16.42.1 facebook.com

172.16.42.1 google.com

here is the landing page:

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=http://www.m0ar.org/5949">

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

It seemed like it took a while for those changes to take "effect" and it worked a couple of times then allowed me to go to facebook and google no problem.

i have also tried the landing page to redirect to redirect.php with code:

<?php

$ref = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

if (strpos($ref, "facebook")) { header('Location: http://www.m0ar.org/5949'); }

if (strpos($ref, "twitter")) { header('Location: twitter.html'); }

require('error.php');

?>

Last night it seemed to be working a lot more consistently with redirect.php

Edited by genghis_tron