Sslstrip

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to install it through the pineapplebar. DId not work.

As explained by Seb, you install the infusion through the pineapple bar. Then, open the large tile by clicking on the small sslstrip tile title and follow the instructions to install the sslstrip program.

The infusion and the program are two completely separated things.

Tried to install the program on the device (not usb), but It didn't install it...

As explained by Seb, you install the infusion through the pineapple bar. Then, open the large tile by clicking on the small sslstrip tile title and follow the instructions to install the sslstrip program.

The infusion and the program are two completely separated things.

Edited by janekong

• 3 weeks later...

Whistle Master,

I'm using 3.0.0 and have installed to USB. I have swap and file space on the same drive... I would run sslstrip and it would only last for a few minutes before crashing the pineapple... I'm on wall plug power so that's not it. When I would go to the sslstrip tile I would just hit Start and let it run but I kept getting the crash. (It reminded me of the time when in 2.X I installed a different infusion to the internal storage and the log files would fill up and crash the pineapple.) So I played with the auto update interval settings and the On Off functions before I turned sslstrip on and it actually stayed up and running. Is it possible that somehow by default the log file is still going to the internal storage and filling up to the point of crashing the pineapple? And by messing with the auto update settings it was pulling the info to the USB log file location correctly? Just a theory...

the auto update function is to refresh the textarea with the last log from the default log location: the log files are stored in the infusion folder, this means that if you install the infusion on USB, the logs are on USB by default. The two are not really linked, I fear that it's a coincidence unfortunately :(

I will do some testing to see if I experience the same crashes.

• 3 weeks later...

Install process is pretty simple :)

opkg install sslstrip --dest usb 

As posted by someone else on page 5, that command for some reason does not install properly. It gives a bunch of twisted and zope-interface errors. I have reflashed to stock 3.0.0 and completely deleted everything on my USB. When installing sslstrip to usb using the command above (after updating opkg) it still errors out. Yet doing the install through the infusion causes it to work correctly. Are you downloading it first manually? Or possibly installing some of the other dependencies manually? Thanks for your help.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usb/usr/bin/sslstrip", line 27, in <module>
    from twisted.web import http
  File "/usb/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    raise ImportError("you need zope.interface installed "
ImportError: you need zope.interface installed (http://zope.org/Products/ZopeInterface/)

Edited by airman_dopey

Alright, really strange for those that try this in the future: Running "opkg install sslstrip --dest usb" from the command line will NOT work. But if you run "exec opkg install sslstrip --dest usb" it installs and works perfectly. It works, and I do not know why.

Is there a way of running exec to make it work without killing the script afterwards?

Edited by airman_dopey

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same crashing/rebooting issue with sslstrip.

It will run for a random amount of time, then crash the WP into a reboot.

(same results on 2 different WP)

is there a bad combo of infusions?

3.0.0 WP

Wall powered (12VDC) WP

Wall powered USB hub (even removed the hub)

WifiScript running

WiFi manager installed but letting wifiscript set things up.

karma off

dnsspoof off

TIA