Ping Command From Web Ui = Web Interface Disabled

Hi guys i'm experiencing a strand and esotic issue..(in the new firmware 2.0 but also in 1.1.1) I have my pineapple set up and i'm in Adavanced section from Web UI tryin' to execute commands..If i issue commands like "echo test" or dmesg etc etc i receive normal output as expected but if i issue "ping localhost" or whatever i get no response from the pineapple resulting in the Web UI completly disabled also from others devices.. I have to reboot it trhough SSH.. It's really strange, have any ideas? PS: ping command works flawlessy in SSH

Edited by ptrac3

Hi guys i'm experiencing a strand and esotic issue..(in the new firmware 2.0 but also in 1.1.1) I have my pineapple set up and i'm in Adavanced section from Web UI tryin' to execute commands..If i issue commands like "echo test" or dmesg etc etc i receive normal output as expected but if i issue "ping localhost" or whatever i get no response from the pineapple resulting in the Web UI completly disabled also from others devices.. I have to reboot it trhough SSH.. It's really strange, have any ideas? PS: ping command works flawlessy in SSH

Have you used the built in ping feature?

The ping input box is working fine, but when issuing a ping with the execute command input box it will stall the web UI.

You don't have to reboot though just issue killall ping and the web ui will respond again. ;)

The ping input box is working fine, but when issuing a ping with the execute command input box it will stall the web UI.

You don't have to reboot though just issue killall ping and the web ui will respond again. ;)

Yep it's true, i'm feeling stupid today :D

The reason this happens is because you forget to specify a -t option (how many pings are sent).

If you do not specify this, it will keep pinging and pinging so no UI response.

Best,

Sebkinne

great work Seb!

I do remember someone was trying to get an ssh client inside the UI so things like this would not happen and you would not need the separate program/login again

great work Seb!

I do remember someone was trying to get an ssh client inside the UI so things like this would not happen and you would not need the separate program/login again

Well, this is entirely possible but it is bulky and can (doesn't need to be) less secure.