Mk4 Firmware 2.0.0 Release

Works great, but one question, how to do set the UTC offset for the automatic time servers update?

Edit this:

/etc/config/system

Change timezone into your liking's

config system
        option hostname 'Pineapple'
        option timezone 'UTC'

Compatible timezones can be found here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/system

For example when living in Europe/Amsterdam CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3 then you only have to change 'UTC' into 'CET-1CEST' the M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3 part can be ingnored ;)

It will look like this:

config system
        option hostname 'Pineapple'
        option timezone 'CET-1CEST'

I hope this answers your question B)

• 2 weeks later...

Firmware link dead? I had done the new firmware 2.0.0 and now I'm having major problems..no WLAN or LAN lights work which seems to be everyones problem and now I cannot enable wireless..I click start and it just does nothing..this is the same for every options available...can someone please help as now I'm thinking I have made a poor purchase. I've had nothing but problems with the pineapple product.

Firmware link dead? I had done the new firmware 2.0.0 and now I'm having major problems..no WLAN or LAN lights work which seems to be everyones problem and now I cannot enable wireless..I click start and it just does nothing..this is the same for every options available...can someone please help as now I'm thinking I have made a poor purchase. I've had nothing but problems with the pineapple product.

I'm sorry you are having problems with the pineapple, thankfully, we do not get that many issues like you are having :)

The firmware link seems to be working, our web server seems to have had an issue for about 15 minutes. Sorry!

About flashing the pineapple, the problems you describe with nothing working is very odd.

Could you re-flash your pineapple over SSH?

Plug in the Ethernet cable to the POE/LAN port and SSH in (The WAN and LAN lights do not work properly, the WLAN one does, but as you said, WLAN is disabled).

SCP over the upgrade.bin to /tmp/ and execute this:

"sysupgrade -n /tmp/upgrade.bin"

Please wait patiently and let the router reboot.

Your pineapple sounds like an incomplete flash, did it loose power before rebooting? Did it reboot cleanly when you upgraded?

Again, sorry for any inconvenience, I am sure we can get this sorted out!

I'm sorry you are having problems with the pineapple, thankfully, we do not get that many issues like you are having :)

The firmware link seems to be working, our web server seems to have had an issue for about 15 minutes. Sorry!

About flashing the pineapple, the problems you describe with nothing working is very odd.

Could you re-flash your pineapple over SSH?

Plug in the Ethernet cable to the POE/LAN port and SSH in (The WAN and LAN lights do not work properly, the WLAN one does, but as you said, WLAN is disabled).

SCP over the upgrade.bin to /tmp/ and execute this:

"sysupgrade -n /tmp/upgrade.bin"

Please wait patiently and let the router reboot.

Your pineapple sounds like an incomplete flash, did it loose power before rebooting? Did it reboot cleanly when you upgraded?

Again, sorry for any inconvenience, I am sure we can get this sorted out!

Maybe it was that it didn't download completely before your web server went down? Either way I could ssh into it and everything else was normal but could not start any of the options..no wireless, nothing. Ended up re-flashing it a few times until I was able to enable things again. I did re-download the upgrade.bin file so that must have been the root of the problem. I was banging my head against the table trying to figure it out! Problem solved.

Maybe it was that it didn't download completely before your web server went down? Either way I could ssh into it and everything else was normal but could not start any of the options..no wireless, nothing. Ended up re-flashing it a few times until I was able to enable things again. I did re-download the upgrade.bin file so that must have been the root of the problem. I was banging my head against the table trying to figure it out! Problem solved.

Sadly, if the MD5 check did not fail, the file was perfectly fine.

That is the thing which I need to get behind, find out what it could have been ;)

Anyway, I am glad you got it working - I am sure your pineapple experience is going to be a lot smoother now!

Best,

Sebkinne

Huge thanks to you guys, the community, for propelling this project. And big thanks to Sebkinne, Mr-Protocol, WhistleMaster, Vulture, and petertfm. We're very happy to be releasing version 2.0.0, and I think you'll agree these new features warrant the bold version number, which includes:

* Linux 3.2 kernel

* Working SSLstrip

* Additional 3G Devices and fixes

* Fixed refresh link for logs

* Added WiFi toggle

* Time-servers set up automatically (UTC)

* Change root password from GUI

* Module / Upgrade back-end sped up, stabilized.

* Bugfixes

Note: the LAN / WAN leds currently do not work correctly.

To get SSLstrip working, after installing it, please execute (Can only be installed to USB):

ln -s /usb/usr/lib/python2.7 /usr/lib/python2.7
touch /usb/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zope/__init__.py

We're noticing a 23.7% speed improvement in integer calculations over the previous builds, which is quite apparent all around!

Download: http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/mk4/downloads.php?download

MD5: 319d30f8fbb31d6ee7d9cec25bd7f23f

There are some big things on the horizon for the WiFi Pineapple and this new version really paves the way for good things to come.

Cheers!

-The Jasager Team

Where is the source that should accompany this binary?

Where is the source that should accompany this binary?

I'm pretty sure the code for the firmware is at the openwrt page and code for karma is at digininja's page. there are other projects out there that are built in too and you'll probably need a build environment and tool chain as well. You could check the project page too and look in some of the older posts here, I've seen others ask for source and the answer is to look at digininja's page for karma.