Mk4 Firmware 2.0.0 Release

Huge thanks to you guys, the community, for propelling this project. And big thanks to Sebkinne, Mr-Protocol, WhistleMaster, Vulture, and petertfm. We're very happy to be releasing version 2.0.0, and I think you'll agree these new features warrant the bold version number, which includes:

* Linux 3.2 kernel

* Working SSLstrip

* Additional 3G Devices and fixes

* Fixed refresh link for logs

* Added WiFi toggle

* Time-servers set up automatically (UTC)

* Change root password from GUI

* Module / Upgrade back-end sped up, stabilized.

* Bugfixes

Note: the LAN / WAN leds currently do not work correctly.

To get SSLstrip working, after installing it, please execute (Can only be installed to USB):

ln -s /usb/usr/lib/python2.7 /usr/lib/python2.7
touch /usb/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/zope/__init__.py

We're noticing a 23.7% speed improvement in integer calculations over the previous builds, which is quite apparent all around!

Download: http://cloud.wifipineapple.com/mk4/downloads.php?download

MD5: 319d30f8fbb31d6ee7d9cec25bd7f23f

There are some big things on the horizon for the WiFi Pineapple and this new version really paves the way for good things to come.

Cheers!

-The Jasager Team

As always, thanks to all the devs for the hard work! I too am looking for some additional guidance on sslstrip. I'm sure you'll all agree that it is by far the defining feature of 2.0. I did a opkg install --dest usb sslstrip - it installs just fine. catting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward responds back with a "1", as forwarding is already setup for pineappling I'm guessing. Its the next step, the iptables step, that I think I'm screwing up.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

^that is the standard iptables command you'll find all over the internet, but our pineapples are no ordinary arpspoofing mitm that is typical when sslstripping. Can anyone suggest how to modify this command or others to get sslstrip working on the mark4? Also, when I run sslstip, it gives a zone.interface missing error - any ideas on that? Thanks again guys

telot

As always, thanks to all the devs for the hard work! I too am looking for some additional guidance on sslstrip. I'm sure you'll all agree that it is by far the defining feature of 2.0. I did a opkg install --dest usb sslstrip - it installs just fine. catting /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward responds back with a "1", as forwarding is already setup for pineappling I'm guessing. Its the next step, the iptables step, that I think I'm screwing up.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

^that is the standard iptables command you'll find all over the internet, but our pineapples are no ordinary arpspoofing mitm that is typical when sslstripping. Can anyone suggest how to modify this command or others to get sslstrip working on the mark4? Also, when I run sslstip, it gives a zone.interface missing error - any ideas on that? Thanks again guys

telot

Do you mean zope interface?

It is a dependency you will need to install.

Either Petertfm or Vulture know more about this as they tested it and confirmed it running.

Best,

Sebkinne

Huge thanks to you guys, the community, for propelling this project. And big thanks to Sebkinne, Mr-Protocol, WhistleMaster, Vulture, and petertfm. We're very happy to be releasing version 2.0.0, and I think you'll agree these new features warrant the bold version number, which includes:

(snip)

Cheers!

-The Jasager Team

I noticed the LAN light is not lit. I copied this from the log

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led LAN

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: sh: write error: Invalid argument

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:lan/device_name: nonexistent directory

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:lan/mode: nonexistent directory

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led WAN

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: sh: write error: Invalid argument

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:wan/device_name: nonexistent directory

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:wan/mode: nonexistent directory

Jan 1 00:00:53 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led WLAN

Thanks

You guys are fantastic!

Just an FYI I had to flash from terminal:

Download the firmware (make sure it is called upgrade.bin).

SCP the upgrade.bin to /tmp/upgrade.bin

Execute sysupgrade -n -v /tmp/upgrade.bin

Wait for reboot. Done. From now on your MK4 can be treated as a normal MK4.

I also noticed the LAN LED not lit.

How come you had to flash from the terminal?

Sebkinee, I am not sure why I had to. I am using BT5 and Firefox, and I even disabled NoScript. A day or so ago, I attempted to re flash the 1.1 firmware, and it would start the process (waiting for 172.16.42.1 in the status bar) then it would just stop. The pineapple would never reboot, and would work just fine. (having NOT successfully re flashed)

While trying to flash 2.0, I would get an error about the MD5 hash. After verifying the MD5 hash (md5sum upgrade.bin) I simply flashed using the method above, and I am having no issues.

I noticed the LAN light is not lit.

Same for WAN light:

root@Pineapple:~# /etc/init.d/led reload
setting up led LAN
sh: write error: Invalid argument
/etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:lan/device_name: nonexistent directory
/etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:lan/mode: nonexistent directory
setting up led WAN
sh: write error: Invalid argument
/etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:wan/device_name: nonexistent directory
/etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: can't create /sys/class/leds/alfa:blue:wan/mode: nonexistent directory
setting up led WLAN
setting up led USB

Edited by Whistle Master

I am running into another issue (not sure if this is v 2.0 related issue).

I continue to get "No Space Left On Device" i am getting the error while trying to update USB.php, AND even when I tried to create a symbolic link from /www/pineapple/logs to /usb/logs