Pineapple Broken?

mreidiv

My pineapple no longer does anything so this is what happened. I was running it for about 3-4 hrs and in the web gui all the controls that i was using turned from green to red and the ssid dropped/ so i picked it up and the pineapple was warmer than usual. I turned it off for the night, went to restart it and it flashes the lan a couple of times then the lan light goes off then the wps button flashes constantly. and the only other light that is in is the power light . tried hitting the reset button, but nothing happens cant access the pine apple at all no ssh no scp no gui. anyone have this problem or have a solution.

Do you have a USB to TTL converter? If you can get to the U-boot bootloader from a serial console maybe a re-flash (manual) would

fix it. There is lots of info here, but it is really easy. Word of caution, make sure your TTL converter operates at 3.3v, not 5v. Don't ask me how I know!!

Do you have a USB to TTL converter? If you can get to the U-boot bootloader from a serial console maybe a re-flash (manual) would

fix it. There is lots of info here, but it is really easy. Word of caution, make sure your TTL converter operates at 3.3v, not 5v. Don't ask me how I know!!

no i dont any other options

Word of caution, make sure your TTL converter operates at 3.3v, not 5v

Or don't use the 3.3V from your TTL converter and only connect RX-TX-GND and insert powerplug into pineapple ;)

Always handy to have a USB to TTL UART device to fix these kind of problems. Ordered mine here took about 2 week to arrive, but for that price it's worth the waiting :P