Setting Up The Pineapple For Internet

ZaraByte

Alrighty then i have no clue what happen to my other topic but whatever!

I think what i wanted to know in my other topic is how i would go about connecting the Pineapple to a Public WiFi network.

I haven't seen any guides on how you'd connect the pineapple the way i tried was...

Connected the Pineapple to a Computer via Ethernet so that the computer was connected from the Ethernet to the Pineapple and then had my Alfa Network Adapter connected via USB from the computer and then connect to the Wireless network from the Alfa Network Adapter.

Is that the right way to connect it?

Was using to use the Alfa Network Adapter as the Internet source from the Wireless network.

Im totally new to the WiFi Pineapple Mark VI not much information on it that i've seen.

Seems that your topic did disappear strange btw.

But if i understand your setup is like this:

Internet <> (wireless alfa adapter) <> computer <> (ethernet cable) <> pineapple is this correct?

If so, just follow the guide which can be found here: Quick Start Guide

When running a *nix based OS use wp4.sh and when running windows based OS use ICS but make sure you enable ICS first before setting up the static IP on your ethernet adapter.

Note: In *nix the network manager can cause troubles see this post.

Alrighty then i have no clue what happen to my other topic but whatever!

I think what i wanted to know in my other topic is how i would go about connecting the Pineapple to a Public WiFi network.

I haven't seen any guides on how you'd connect the pineapple the way i tried was...

Connected the Pineapple to a Computer via Ethernet so that the computer was connected from the Ethernet to the Pineapple and then had my Alfa Network Adapter connected via USB from the computer and then connect to the Wireless network from the Alfa Network Adapter.

Is that the right way to connect it?

Was using to use the Alfa Network Adapter as the Internet source from the Wireless network.

Im totally new to the WiFi Pineapple Mark VI not much information on it that i've seen.

It's all in the wiki and the startup paper that came with hak shop pineapples, It is called Internet Connection Sharing.

Seems that your topic did disappear strange btw.

But if i understand your setup is like this:

Internet <> (wireless alfa adapter) <> computer <> (ethernet cable) <> pineapple is this correct?

If so, just follow the guide which can be found here: Quick Start Guide

When running a *nix based OS use wp4.sh and when running windows based OS use ICS but make sure you enable ICS first before setting up the static IP on your ethernet adapter.

Note: In *nix the network manager can cause troubles see this post.

You are the man thanks for the help finally got it working all this time i thought i was going to need a 3g phone to get this working !

Thanks again for the help!

Now if i can figure out where i can get me a battery back for my WiFi Pineapple so i can take it on the go without having to need the AC Adapter....

Anyone know if hak5 sells them or where i could get me a battery pack that will plug in to the WiFi Pineapple Mark VI?