Dual Wireless Nics In My Laptop And Pineapple Mark Iv

bkrb0i

I have an older HP laptop (Compaq 6510b) running linux BT5 as my hak platform. It has built-in wireless (wlan0) and also has a PCMCIA slot. I decided to add an old linksys pcmcia wirless card I had lying around (wlan1) for a dual wireless nic setup. wlan0 uses Intel 3945ABG chipset, and wlan1 uses Broadcom. They both default to channel 3, but don't seem to be conflicting. I used the wp4 connect script written for the pineapple to setup routing from the wi-fi pineapple running on portable battery to the pcmcia wireless nic (wlan1) in my laptop, and then the second wireless nic (wlan0) is connected to the Internet. This allows me to plant the pineapple somewhere and then run karma to pass traffic from the pineapple to my laptop, and then on to the Internet with no hard-wiring anywhere. Now I'm not the smartest network guy on the planet, but this seems to work fine. Am I making it too complicated, or is there an easier way to run completely mobile (pineapple wireless <--> laptop, laptop wireless <--> Internet)??? Any suggestions?

Cheers!

bkrb0i

Yeah, I was trying to use some leftover hardware and not to have to purchase a USB dongle. My wireless broadband spending is dedicated to my iPad device. This setup seems to work correctly in home testing, as it captures the mac addresses via karma in the pineapple console and forwards them on to the Internet via DNSspoof via whatever rules are configured. Don't know if it is stable long-term, and haven't taken this rig out to a public place to try yet. I guess it's a poor man's substitute for a USB dongle, lol.

If I learn anything more that's interesting, I'll post it. Thanks.

Cheers!

bkrb0i