Voltaic V60 Battery Pack

E1337Recon

I was looking around for a suitable battery back and I came upon this: Voltaic V60. It is a 16,000mAh/60 Watt Hour battery that has a 5V/2A USB output and a 5.5mm x 2.5mm output (can be converted to 5.5mm x 2.1mm like the pineapple with an optional adapter) that can output 12V/4A, 16V/3.5A, or 19V/3A. Will either the 5V/2A USB power or the 12V/4A output power the pineapple? I've read different posts that say the 5V/2A will power it but not with a USB and others that say it will. As for the 12V/4A I think that, correct me if I'm wrong, it will be too much power and will fry my pineapple. My other option is to build a battery bank using 18650 batteries in a 6S2P configuration which is much cheaper to make but I'm not very good with soldering and wiring hurts my brain and I'd have to figure out how to charge the bank. Any help with this would be great and thanks in advance for any help.

I was looking around for a suitable battery back and I came upon this: Voltaic V60. It is a 16,000mAh/60 Watt Hour battery that has a 5V/2A USB output and a 5.5mm x 2.5mm output (can be converted to 5.5mm x 2.1mm like the pineapple with an optional adapter) that can output 12V/4A, 16V/3.5A, or 19V/3A. Will either the 5V/2A USB power or the 12V/4A output power the pineapple? I've read different posts that say the 5V/2A will power it but not with a USB and others that say it will. As for the 12V/4A I think that, correct me if I'm wrong, it will be too much power and will fry my pineapple. My other option is to build a battery bank using 18650 batteries in a 6S2P configuration which is much cheaper to make but I'm not very good with soldering and wiring hurts my brain and I'd have to figure out how to charge the bank. Any help with this would be great and thanks in advance for any help.

I would use the 12 volt output for the pineapple and the 5 volt usb for a hub, a perfect combo

12 volt 4 amps is way plenty for the pineapple even the 5 volt 2 amps is good:-)

just make sure to not go over 12 volts with the pineapple.

Wow I hadn't thought it would work for the pineapple and the additional use of a hub is great. But will a USB hub work for the pineapple? If so, which powered USB hub would you recommend for it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked the hakshop and found what I was looking for!

Edited by E1337Recon

the one thing I have to figure out is if 5v or 12v is the way to go? if 12v is the max I got to find some sort of regulator for a car battery so if I charge it up the voltage to the pineapple won't go over 12 volts.

(I have a cable in my trunk that is directly wired to the battery, previous owner installed it might put it to use)

the one thing I have to figure out is if 5v or 12v is the way to go? if 12v is the max I got to find some sort of regulator for a car battery so if I charge it up the voltage to the pineapple won't go over 12 volts.

(I have a cable in my trunk that is directly wired to the battery, previous owner installed it might put it to use)

A car battery isn't exactly a subtle way to power the pineapple. That's like replacing a rotary aircraft engine with a jet engine.

A car battery isn't exactly a subtle way to power the pineapple. That's like replacing a rotary aircraft engine with a jet engine.

haha. also car battery's with the alternator engaged can output 14 volts and can spike much much higher, would def need a regulator. and I would not go to cheap on it.

what is you took apart a 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter and wired directly to that?