Mk4 Battery Packs Under $50?

cody t

Hey guys, Ive been reading up on some forum posts about the mk4 pineapple's power needs and battery packs but im not the best at calculating these things and I guess no one could be for sure on anything like this unless you tried it but how do you guys think this one would work? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K7192G/ref=s9_simh_co_p422_d1_g107_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=0F1J3D8BQBFJTBXQF6WT&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1280661682&pf_rd_i=typ01 and what do you think the estimated battery time would roughly be with the mk4? . Feel free to put any good battery packs that you know of for about $50 or less? put the links in the comments!

Hey guys, Ive been reading up on some forum posts about the mk4 pineapple's power needs and battery packs but im not the best at calculating these things and I guess no one could be for sure on anything like this unless you tried it but how do you guys think this one would work? http://www.amazon.co...2&pf_rd_i=typ01 and what do you think the estimated battery time would roughly be with the mk4? . Feel free to put any good battery packs that you know of for about $50 or less? put the links in the comments!

looks ok, I personally am looking for one with 2 usb ports and enough amperage for the pineapple and the new usb hub found in the hakshop, I want enough amperage for alfa wifi card, 3g and usb flash drive.

also there are reports that some battery's will turn themselves off if there is no data communication:-(

I'm currently testing with one of these.

So far it's been running for 22hrs while connected to the 12V output. This is with one 4Gb USB drive, and Karma turned on (automatic).

The specs say 6500mAh@12V, 8500mAh@9V and 15000mAh@5V. Time will tell.

this battery looks good, I am curious? does this battery shut itself off? and do you think It could power the pineapple off the 9volt and then a usb hub off the usb port?? I'm looking for enough amperage for the pineapple, usb wifi, 3g and usb flash drive.

If you manage to test a hub please let me know the results.

thanks Gnarkill78:-)

this battery looks good, I am curious? does this battery shut itself off? and do you think It could power the pineapple off the 9volt and then a usb hub off the usb port?? I'm looking for enough amperage for the pineapple, usb wifi, 3g and usb flash drive.

If you manage to test a hub please let me know the results.

thanks Gnarkill78:-)

I had the pineapple running for about 20hrs isolated from any network and the battery had not shut itself off. I've now connected it into my switch on the WAN port just to allow access to it. There's no reason the pineapple can't run off either the 5V, 9V or 12V (currently connected) outputs. Run it off the 12V and it draws less current, then run a USB device off the USB output simultaneously. I don't have a USB hub atm but will endeavor to get one in the future for testing. Of note, my pineapple isn't one from the Hakshop, I brought a Hornet-UB and flashed it myself.

I had the pineapple running for about 20hrs isolated from any network and the battery had not shut itself off. I've now connected it into my switch on the WAN port just to allow access to it. There's no reason the pineapple can't run off either the 5V, 9V or 12V (currently connected) outputs. Run it off the 12V and it draws less current, then run a USB device off the USB output simultaneously. I don't have a USB hub atm but will endeavor to get one in the future for testing. Of note, my pineapple isn't one from the Hakshop, I brought a Hornet-UB and flashed it myself.

Hornet-ub is a mark 4,

thanks for the reply:-)