The most lies ever told in a 30 second advertisment!

Sparda

http://www.ncta.com/ContentView.aspx?ContentID=3526

Are you google-eyed with confusion over net neutrality? No wonder. It's all just clever mumbo jumbo. Net neutrality is nothing more than a scheme by the multi-billion dollar silicon valley tech companies to get you, the consumer, to pay more for their services. Forget all the mumbo jumbo, net neutrality simply means you pay.

Lets count the lies and spins that are told here.

Are you google-eyed with confusion over net neutrality? No wonder. It's all just clever mumbo jumbo.

It isn't mumbo jumbo, it's writen in understandable English. That lie number one!

On screen:

NET NUTRALITY MEANS YOU PAY.

Firstly, caps lock is not cruise control for cool! Secondly, this is out of context, it dosn't say who you pay, natruly this would be your ISP if any one. At the same time, however, it starts talking about 'multi-billion dollar silicon valley tech companies', so it tries to lead you in to your own conclusion that you would be paying them. Which is spinning the truth, this is the first spin, but in this case we are going to count it as a lie ;). Lie number two!

Net neutrality is nothing more than a scheme by the multi-billion dollar silicon valley tech companies

This is a compleate lie, net neutrality is not a scheme by the 'multi-billion dollar silicon valley tech companies'. Thats lie number three!

Net neutrality is nothing more than a scheme by the multi-billion dollar silicon valley tech companies to get you, the consumer, to pay more for their services.

Yet another lie in the same sentance. Net neutrality dosn't mean you pay more for companie services, you don't pay for them now as it currently stands! If net nutrality fails it would mean that they (the tech companies) would have to pay the ISPs TWICE! This is the forth lie!

Forget all the mumbo jumbo

The same lie again. Fith lie!

With this last lie, they have been very surgestiv about it, so it's more of a spin of the truth relying on peoples asumptions.

Net neutrality is nothing more than a scheme by the multi-billion dollar silicon valley tech companies to get you, the consumer, to pay more for their services. Forget all the mumbo jumbo, net neutrality simply means you pay.

If you take the quote of "net neutrality simply means you pay.", it's obviuse that they don't say who you pay. However, with the adition of the previeus sentance, it surrgests, or leads you to think that you pay tech companies. Basicly it's the same as the second and forth lie. Lie number six!

Net Nutrality is BAD for conumers.

This is true depending on your point of view. From the point of view of the person who pays it's aguably not good, becasue prices won't go down on there ISP bill. However, from the point of the user of the service, it's very bad becasue they will efectivly be on a second tire of the Internet! This is spin number two, and hence lie number seven.

To prevent ISPs from double dipping on companies and putting you on a second teir of the Internet visit http://www.savetheinternet.com/ and register.

Any one know any advertisments that lie more in 30 seconds? ;) (It dose have to have actualy been on TV or in Cinimas)

Any one know any advertisments that lie more in 30 seconds? ;) (It dose have to have actualy been on TV or in Cinimas)

I remember seeing a commercial about an NSA phone service. Obviously a lie..

---Oh, wait. Hu? Really. Damn.---

Ok, nevermind. No, come to think of it nothing really strikes me.

/me goes back to never getting security clearance

Oh my god.. that's a real commershal... OH MY GOD.... that's a.. REAL commershal.. excuse me for a second I need to go have a cry

*moments later*

ok I'm back now I love the little text bar at the bottem of the screen

"Paid for by the National Cable & Telecommunications Assocation"

/me adds NCTA to the list of evil right next to MPAA and RIAA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...