Router Intermittently Just Quits

thestudent

Has anyones pineapple randomly just stopped working? The interface stays up but it does not catch victims and the pineapple ssid is no longer displayed. Unplugging and plugging back in fixes it. Maybe it just gets overloaded with traffic? Admins that are on it often have any similar issues?

Edited by thestudent

Has anyones pineapple randomly just stopped working? The interface stays up but it does not catch victims and the pineapple ssid is no longer displayed. Unplugging and plugging back in fixes it. Maybe it just gets overloaded with traffic? Admins that are on it often have any similar issues?

I have not experienced that issue? did you manage to re-flash?

No sir, I can't get my reset button to work either. I was asking for a good walkthrough on the flashing process. Let me get this straight....one MUST use a serial cable in order to flash?

have you not tried to flash through the UI? also if you can access the UI under advance you can reset the settings there.

The unit is flashed using a cat5 cable on the poe/lan port via the web interface. Also check you memory usage, when memory is low weird things happen. Mine will drop dns and web serving services. Leaving a web browser open with the page active and leaving the ftp program open seems to aggravate the problem. uninstalling some modules and moving the phishing pages to usb seemed to help.

does cache and log files get deleted everytime you power cycle your router? it there a script that will empty that?

Im not sure why you can't flash, is the ui available? can you ssh? if you can ssh then there is a way to upload the upgrade.bin and issue the command.

some logs are in ram like karma but others are in flash and are wiped after a reboot, then there are logs like the ones in /www/pineapple/logs/ that save across reboots.

Edited by petertfm

thestudent,

When you are flashing via the web-ui are you entering the md5 hash from the downloads page for 1.1.1? I know the first time I flashed I didn't know why it wasn't taking until I realized the md5 hash field is required not optional.