Software Usb Keyloggers

blackass

What do you mean by a software *USB* keylogger? Do you mean one that logs keystrokes from a USB keyboard as opposed to a PS2 one? If so I wouldn't have thought it would matter what the input source was, a keylogger should just hook into the keyboard buffer.

Depending on how you want to do it Meterpreter from Metasploit can easily log keystrokes from the windows login, search Room362 for a post Mubix did about automating capturing login credentials.

Posted · Hidden by blackass, May 16, 2012 - sec
Hidden by blackass, May 16, 2012 - sec

I think blackass means a logger that is based out of a flash drive. You plug in the flash drive, it records keystrokes, then you remove it when done. I've seen these for sale but I haven't bought one.

Right, sorry, that is what I meant. Not hardware like the ones that go right on the keyboard. But one you put on your thumb drive and stick it in.

What you are looking for is called a Human Interface Device. These USB devices when plugged in act as a 'keyboard' Many companies block USB - storage devices via GP. These HIDs sneak right around that. You can create MANY different kinds of Payloads on these - ( a lot of them are already wrote for you) Thus introducing the Rubber Ducky - http://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/usb-rubber-ducky

I believe to capture the windows login - you will need a Shell and migrated payload to the winlogin process. Good luck! ! Report back!

• 2 weeks later...

Metasploit may be a little advanced now...but don't give up on it dude...thats how you learn.

I haven't got a fuckin clue half the time but that doesn't stop me from trying stuff. :)

Thank you, Mnemonic. I wanted to thank you for your comment immediately but I couldn't remember my password at the time and I have not logged in in a while. The thing I was doing at the time was needed kind of urgently so I didn't have time to learn but I took your advice and gave learning metasploit a go. I'm still basically just reading the intro of a book on it, but we'll see if I can Forest Gump my way thru it :)

Thank you, Mnemonic. I wanted to thank you for your comment immediately but I couldn't remember my password at the time and I have not logged in in a while. The thing I was doing at the time was needed kind of urgently so I didn't have time to learn but I took your advice and gave learning metasploit a go. I'm still basically just reading the intro of a book on it, but we'll see if I can Forest Gump my way thru it :)

I don't know if you know, but there is a hardware keylogger, you could buy.

http://www.keelog.com/