Nmap

Whistle Master

• 2 weeks later...

Well just installed MKIV 2.0.0

and installed nmap module

Got an error

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  dir(/www/pineapple/modules/nmap/scans) [<a href='function.dir'>function.dir</a>]: failed to open dir: Too many levels of symbolic links in <b>/usb/modules/nmap/nmap_data.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function on a non-object in <b>/usb/modules/nmap/nmap_data.php</b> on line <b>53</b><br />

I do have the following symbolic links

/usb/modules to /www/pineapple/modules

/usb/extra to /www/extra

I have tried to make the folder

/www/pineapple/modules/nmap/scans

but it looks like the php script converts it to a symbolic link

so then you get a link that keeps following the same link

/www/pineapple/modules/nmap/scans to /usb/modules/nmap/scans to /www/pineapple/modules/nmap/scans and so on...

Edited by brianzimm

For the moment, as said by Seb, it is not recommended to create symlinks for /www/pineapple/modules to usb ;)

The module is done in a way that its location is /www/modules/ and creates symlinks to usb only for data.

Edited by Whistle Master

From my understanding Seb is working on logs and modules to by "smart" about how they are sent to the USB drive which will be in a future version. Until then as WM stated it is not recommended to move anything under the /www folder.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by thespiritbomber, May 13, 2012 - Figured out my problem...
Hidden by thespiritbomber, May 13, 2012 - Figured out my problem...

I'm working on getting nmap installed to my USB drive but it seems like it's taking ages. The output shows that it's downloaded and that it's installing. I waited for a long time and finally checked the module and it still still it's not installed. Should I wait longer or what? I ssh'd to look around in the usb and can't find nmap anywhere.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone seen nmap scan rebooting the pineapple markIV? I run the quick scan 1 at a time and saw it reboot me a couple of times. Does not seem to always happen, just wondered if anyone is seeing it and if there is a way to keep it from happening.

Thanks

Has anyone seen nmap scan rebooting the pineapple markIV? I run the quick scan 1 at a time and saw it reboot me a couple of times. Does not seem to always happen, just wondered if anyone is seeing it and if there is a way to keep it from happening.

Thanks

when running muiltiple programs that can happen, sslstrip is intensive and should only be run with swap configured, having swap configured is a good idea overall.

I suspect that nmap wasn't the only thing taking up memory?

Edited by petertfm

when running muiltiple programs that can happen, sslstrip is intensive and should only be run with swap configured, having swap configured is a good idea overall.

I suspect that nmap wasn't the only thing taking up memory?

Your correct about swap. I have a swap of 1GB on my usb stick setup. had dnsspoof and urlsnarf running. Maybe I will try without those. Hoping to find a log history of an exception but nothing yet.

Thanks