What To Do Once Connected Via Ssh?

cody t

hey guys sorry to pile up the forums with another noob question (which seems almost daily now). I finally connected to my pineapple via ssh (in mac terminal) and dont get me wrong the pineapple seems like a great piece of equipment but, to me at least, it seems extremely under-documented. I wanted to know what exactly I do to dns spoof after the step in the screen shot provided below, I am NOT good with terminal commands and id much rather be using something more guie like but nothing seems to work, I really just want someone to explain HOW TO CONNECT VIA MAC or a tutorial on something dns spoofing, applet attack, rick rolling, ANYTHING on a mac please. SOMEONE SAVE MEEEE.

Posted · Hidden by cody t, April 12, 2012 - beta content
Hidden by cody t, April 12, 2012 - beta content

hey guys sorry to pile up the forums with another noob question (which seems almost daily now). I finally connected to my pineapple via ssh (in mac terminal) and dont get me wrong the pineapple seems like a great piece of equipment but, to me at least, it seems extremely under-documented. I wanted to know what exactly I do to dns spoof after the step in the screen shot provided below, I am NOT good with terminal commands and id much rather be using something more guie like but nothing seems to work, I really just want someone to explain HOW TO CONNECT VIA MAC or a tutorial on something dns spoofing, applet attack, rick rolling, ANYTHING on a mac please. SOMEONE SAVE MEEEE.

P.s. heres the screen shot

post-39230-0-44337500-1334247757_thumb.p

SSH it's indipendent from Operating System..Since you seems to be succefully connected via an Ssh client for your MAC you can do everything via ssh: in /www/pineapple/logs/ folder you will find the logs of Karma, urlsnarf and other programs. Sooner if i well unerstand there will be the web UI implementation..If you want to start DNSSpoof simply go to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple/index.php and under configuration edit your DNSSPoof file. If you want that all Dns requests will be resolved into pineapple ip address (172.16.42.1) write

172.16.42.1 *

and the effect will be a single landing page for every request. If you want instead that just a few website will be resolved into 172.16.42.1 just edit the same file.. If you want that just facebook and twitter domain will resolve into pineapple ip address the file will be

172.16.42.1 facebook.com
172.16.42.1 *.facebook.com
172.16.42.1 twitter.com
172.16.42.1 *.twitter.com

And with a simple Php script you easily spawn a different fake login page depends on the host variable. Example:

<?php
$host = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];

$fb = "facebook.com";
$tw = "twitter.com";
$gm = "gmail.com";

if (strstr($host,$fb)) header('Location: facebook/login.php');
elseif (strstr($host,$tw)) header('Location: twitter/login.php');
elseif (strstr($host,$gm)) header('Location: gmail/login.php');

?>

The script check for the Host variable and via if statements show to the user a different fake login page depending on what website the user requested..I hope my english was understanble and that maybe this can help you and others wondering how to do that. As i said in the web UI will be implemented logs viewer, if you want to start DNSspoof simply click Start Dnsspoof in the main page..

ptrac3

DNS spoof is a little different with Macs. Theres a bunch of issues with internet connection sharing and DNS routing...Have you checked out the ICS in OSX thread? Its pinned, so you can't miss it.

Some things to check out before diving into dns spoofing:

Can you karma devices to your pineapple?

Can they connect to the internet?

When you ssh into the pineapple, can you ping www.google.com?

For noobs, I would recommend you run BT5 or windows(XP or 7), because its a cleaner setup that is better documented - in the quick start guide that came with the pineapple, and on these forums. Once you get a handle on exactly how this networking trickery is working (with ICS, bridging the connections inside the pineapple, etc) you can move up to getting it to work in OSX. Again, just a suggestion.

As for the lack of/poor documentation...I have a little project cooking that should help you out ;)

telot

Cody,

The wifipineapple.com site contains many tutorials on getting started and basic understanding of what the pineapple is capable of. You need to connect to the GUI to "easily" start the service you are speaking of. Just go to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple/ and start your service. I would also recommend upgrading to the 1.1.1 firmware found in a sticky on the forum.

With the terminal you can review some of the logs, such as the DNSSpoof log and the URLSnarf logs found in /www/pineapple/logs/. A mac will be no different than any other device really, the part that changes is when you are trying to share the internet connection from your PC through the pineapple to clients that connect. Which is not needed for just basic testing and learning how to use the device. I would also recommend installing BackTrack using a virtualization tool like VirtualBox or Parallels.

DNS spoof is a little different with Macs. Theres a bunch of issues with internet connection sharing and DNS routing...Have you checked out the ICS in OSX thread? Its pinned, so you can't miss it.

Some things to check out before diving into dns spoofing:

Can you karma devices to your pineapple?

Can they connect to the internet?

When you ssh into the pineapple, can you ping www.google.com?

For noobs, I would recommend you run BT5 or windows(XP or 7), because its a cleaner setup that is better documented - in the quick start guide that came with the pineapple, and on these forums. Once you get a handle on exactly how this networking trickery is working (with ICS, bridging the connections inside the pineapple, etc) you can move up to getting it to work in OSX. Again, just a suggestion.

As for the lack of/poor documentation...I have a little project cooking that should help you out ;)

telot

Telot, care you expand on what you are working on? Video or written? I ask because I was thinking of doing some videos but don't want to overlap.

Telot, care you expand on what you are working on? Video or written? I ask because I was thinking of doing some videos but don't want to overlap.

No videos - but that sounds really sweet!

telot