I upgraded

mubix

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

armadaender is winning but is he disqualified since he ran it at work? I've got a 100mbit fiber line through cogent at work, would that count?

ok, sorry, continue with the epeen battle.

I know I'm disqualified but I happened to be reading this topic at work and couldn't resist using my school's oc-3 to my advantage.

Here's my true results, test performed at my apartment:

46636825.png

Pathetic I know but it's free. Althought I probably will be calling charter next week to see how much it would cost to bump it up to the 5mb/s service.

Well, because this competition didn't have any rules stating that the test had to be done at their place of legal residence, I have both of you beat for the moment.

Keywords: For the moment.

I'm sure Darren's work connection is a leap faster than my school's after considering the 3000+ kids wasting bandwidth streaming crappy rap music and logging into myspace.

In my defense I'm running a 25 GB offsite backup from the HQ to my apartment using MS Synctoy and a VPN (secure yet not efficient).

I want a bumper sticker for my computer that says "My other tube is an OC-192"

haha,

you know when somethings gone to far when you starrt to think about booting your flatmates of the lan to up the results by a kb.... :lol: im ashamed it even popped into my head....of to do something more wholesome..... sorting out my zombie-money-ninja pr0n mm mmm

I just about killed Alli one night when she was running a torrent without throttling. She was using 100% of our uplink.

Edit: Doesn't open-wrt have an option to do bandwidth throttling or packet shaping? I'd love to set it up to give packet priority on the LAN, or maybe just lower upload throughput on certain IP addresses *snicker*

I just about killed Alli one night when she was running a torrent without throttling. She was using 100% of our uplink.

Edit: Doesn't open-wrt have an option to do bandwidth throttling or packet shaping? I'd love to set it up to give packet priority on the LAN, or maybe just lower upload throughput on certain IP addresses *snicker*

:shock: .... must..... not.... google....open-wrt option.....must....fight....urge.....ugh!