Alfa Awus036h/rtl8187 On Pineapple Iv

billius

Is anyone else interested in getting this working? my adapter is shown with lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:8187 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187 Wireless Adapter

the driver is available in opkg's repository:

Package: kmod-rtl8187
Version: 3.2.9+2012-02-27-1
Depends: kernel (= 3.2.9-1-7ca3c65ac3709dabad42d460596851da), kmod-eeprom-93cx6, kmod-mac80211, kmod-usb-core
Provides:
Architecture: ar71xx
Installed-Time: 2340tesccc

as you can see above, it needs kernel 3.2.9, when uname -a reveals that we're running the old 2.6.39.4 kernel.

Linux Pineapple 2.6.39.4 #58 Tue Apr 3 14:50:25 BST 2012 mips GNU/Linux

this raises a couple of questions:

does jasager/karma require this old kernel or can we update it?

if not, can we get a module compatible with our kernel?

I'm sure there are many people who want to get this done so we can have some nice routing through wifi on other channels, or have a USB hub have a backpack such as Darren's in the case mod challenge with a few RTL8187s.

Edited by billius

• 5 weeks later...

Mine is being mapped by anth9k kernel drivers which is incorrect, I need rt2800-usb. the opkg repository is running 3.3.4 which differs 3.2.14 on the pineapple. Still not possible unless there is a snapshot of the 3.2.14 Repository floating around.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is being mapped by anth9k kernel drivers which is incorrect, I need rt2800-usb. the opkg repository is running 3.3.4 which differs 3.2.14 on the pineapple. Still not possible unless there is a snapshot of the 3.2.14 Repository floating around.

A repository snapshot would be very helpful, it would be nice to at least have all the kmods available for the kernel version that is installed on the pineapple. I have a few things I'd like to do with it but the modules available are for the 3.3.7 kernel.

• 1 year later...