Auto Connect Script For Osx

dbledayr

To try to conserve the battery life I would rather just run everything via ssh etc in osx instead of a VM of BT5. I am new to the pineapple, I have been able to setup up karma and see that it's working however the script does not seem to establish a connection to the interwebz via my computer. Btw, I know I have seen a lot of people posting looking for a good battery solution, as I am to lazy and well don't do it enough to solder, I picked up a Energizer XP8000 and so far so good.

I was able to manually configure the eth0 on the mac to be 172.16.42.42 via the network controls in the settings area.

then in settings, click on the 'sharing' tab. go to internet sharing. then share your airport (wireless) to the ethernet.

thats it.

NTF

Yeah I am running the "fickle" lion indeed. I am able to run the wp4 script in terminal however no connection. I will try to manually set everything as you suggested in the AM. Thank you guys for the quick replies.

The wp4 script was never intended to work with OSX...its for full blown linux.

telot

The wp4 script was never intended to work with OSX...its for full blown linux.

telot

I understand this, however as with many things, most simple UNIX commands/scripts run just fine in OSX. I sadly got tied up today with other things however will report back with how/if I get it up and running.

In the near future I plan on creating either a modified script or a step-by-step for OSX users. Give a little love to other users. Thread to come about that...

I understand this, however as with many things, most simple UNIX commands/scripts run just fine in OSX. I sadly got tied up today with other things however will report back with how/if I get it up and running.

In the near future I plan on creating either a modified script or a step-by-step for OSX users. Give a little love to other users. Thread to come about that...

I agree. If something isn't cross compatible with OS X then there should be an OS X version. Or, at least they could be consistent and do everything in Linux. But the show and the Wiki both jump between OS's, which is a little frustrating. If you've got all OS's on your person at all times I guess it's okay, but it just more logical to either do everything in all 3 major OS categories -- OS X, Linux/Backtrack, and that crappy horrible other one that I'll never use voluntarily. What's it called? Not Walmart OS... it's like Winidiots?

oh yea, Windows.

Hak6,

I would say that we do most things in linux. Not everything but most.

Setting up ICS on Unix is as easy as running the WP4.sh script or just executing the commands yourself.

Setting up ICS in windows is as easy as it gets. Set a checkmark at the appropriate place + change the IP settings. While I hate using Windows, I can't deny ICS is easy on it.

Setting up ICS on OSX is sadly a little annoying as OSX itself is not the same across the board.

Lion, Snow leopard and leopard each work a little differentially and can be a bit stubborn.

This thread is pinned as it discusses a solution:

http://forums.hak5.org/index.php?showtopic=25889

Best,

Sebkinne