Keylogger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we ever going to see this ? maybe for the holidays?

--nick--

This is largely a community driven website, and many of the contributors to it, WhistleMaster being chief amongst them, dedicate a lot of their free time to provide excellent add-ons and utilities to these forums. Just 12 months ago, there were no pineapple modules, so developing for the spikey fruit is still in its infancy. Development is done on a voluntary basis.

WM does a fantastic job, and without him, I very much doubt the pineapple would be the multi-tool it is today. As stated just a few weeks ago, the KeyLogger module is one of the most requested modules, it is also the hardest to get right. WM will release it, if and when it is ready.

Give back to the community, go out there and do some research, learn some basic bash skills, a programming language(java, ruby, python), read more on network exploitation etc. Contribute towards a project in some way, rather than posting requests for updates every couple of weeks.

For everyone baying for blood on the keylogger I'm working with Whistle Master to get one sorted. I've got the logging in place and have the base code for the interception and hook injector, just have to tie the two together then put it into a module.

For everyone baying for blood on the keylogger I'm working with Whistle Master to get one sorted. I've got the logging in place and have the base code for the interception and hook injector, just have to tie the two together then put it into a module.

Will it be a silent module ( work in bg) or one which relies on a redirect (provides a custom phishing style page a la SET)

The idea for the module has changed from its early days to now.

Hats off to you both for all the work you have done here for all of us.

Completely silent. I inject a line of javascript into the page which does all the work. Means it will log every page that the user visits.

Digininja and WM you guys rock, i cant wait to try it out. I guess for ssl encrypted pages you need sslstripper running?

petertfm,

I'm sure that digininja or WM will clarify, but it is my understanding that the keystrokes are captured through a javascript injection as the user types, and is independent of how the data is transferred to the server. sslstripping should not be necessary.

I should be back on the proxy again tonight, I've passed everything over to Whistle Master to take care of the reporting and packaging into a module.

If I can work out why some pages are getting truncated then everything should be good to go from my end.

Have we got any Ruby experts who also know how HTTP works?

I've found the problem with chunked encoding but can't fix it. The problem is that by adding the injection code it alters the length of the chunk so I have to adjust the length field which proceeds the chunk. Problem is, when I do that something gets messed up and things refuse to parse the resulting data.

Need someone to look over the code and see if they can spot what I'm doing wrong.

Judging by the nearly ten thousand views this thread has gotten, I'm not the only one waiting with bated breath for this release! This will mark another milestone for our lovely little pineapple...a christmas present from digininja and our resident module master WM. With promises of holiday firmware cheer from Seb too, this is shaping up to be a very merry holiday!

telot

Spent some time on this last night, having trouble getting Ruby working properly, its a known issue so want to get a good solid solution otherwise we will be flooded by people having problems with it rather than the key logger.

WM has seen the logger successfully injected into a test page and log keys but it isn't working on other sample sites so I'm trying to get updated to debug it.

This sounds great! Love the amazing work that you guys do with the pineapple!

If there should be a beta period I would love to test this out and report back any issues. The least one could do when you guys are making wonderful infusions! ;)