Lost In Wiring Set Up

j105rob

ok.... so I have the pineapple w/ 2 rj45s, 1 radio, and 1 usb. I have my laptop with 1 radio, several usbs and 1 rj45. I'd really like to be hardwired to a network on my laptop and connect to the pineapple over my laptop's wireless, setting up a bridge/route to the internet that way.... but I can't figure it out. I also have an alpha laying around..... does that get the job down??? Thoughts???

ok.... so I have the pineapple w/ 2 rj45s, 1 radio, and 1 usb. I have my laptop with 1 radio, several usbs and 1 rj45. I'd really like to be hardwired to a network on my laptop and connect to the pineapple over my laptop's wireless, setting up a bridge/route to the internet that way.... but I can't figure it out. I also have an alpha laying around..... does that get the job down??? Thoughts???

The pineapple is waiting for internet on its eth0 - that is how the whole schbang is configured to work. Its somewhat dangerous to go playing around with the network settings on the pineapple, because if you bork it, theres no way to unbrick it without ordering a special serial cable. Even if you did change the config, the wlan0 on the pineapple is setup to be in Master mode, because its an AP. Yes, it is conceivable to use a USB wifi adapter like an alfa plugged into the pineapple - Darren mentioned it in a thread when the mark4 was first being announced a few months ago - but nothings ever come from it. I've tried getting it to work myself, just so I can use it for deauthing and airodumping, but I haven't had much luck. The pineapple recognizes it as a USB device (lsusb) but it won't recognize it as an interface.

tl;dr no its not possible without some srs hacks

telot