Good Deeds --> Bad Karma

DAV

maybe there is something i do not understand about Karma, but i can't make it to work as i want.. :/

when im firing Karma, and tail karma.log file, i see it gets all the request beacons, but it does not seem to respond to them.

i can see in the log it prints:

KARMA CTRL_IFACE Requested ESSID is somenetwork
KARMA: Probe Request from bb:ee:bb:ee:bb:ee for SSID 'somenetwork'
KARMA ssid malloc'd so free it

if i create a new network and try to connect to it, it works great, but i want it to pick on networks automatically..

what am i doing wrong?

maybe there is something i do not understand about Karma, but i can't make it to work as i want.. :/

when im firing Karma, and tail karma.log file, i see it gets all the request beacons, but it does not seem to respond to them.

i can see in the log it prints:

KARMA CTRL_IFACE Requested ESSID is somenetwork
KARMA: Probe Request from bb:ee:bb:ee:bb:ee for SSID 'somenetwork'
KARMA ssid malloc'd so free it

if i create a new network and try to connect to it, it works great, but i want it to pick on networks automatically..

what am i doing wrong?

that is how it works I think

karma probably doesn't log when it acknowledges a prob response.

if you're thinking karma is suppose to mimic other nearby wifi networks, right now it does not and I don't think it has to because as soon as you try to connect to a legit open wifi I believe karma responds and can take over.

but if it can capture the requests, what stopping it from sending a response? it looks like everything is in order except that part.. :\

maybe robin can confirm?

Not sure about karma not sending response? but if you have set up a open network and to automatically connect, It just works.

a log file will only have entries if the program adds them. are you saying you can't connect to the pineapple?

maybe robin can confirm?

Not sure about karma not sending response? but if you have set up a open network and to automatically connect, It just works.

a log file will only have entries if the program adds them. are you saying you can't connect to the pineapple?

if im trying (manually) to connect to any open wifi, the pineapple will pick it up and will steal the connection.

but i want the pineapple to steal the connection initiated by the beacon request, and i can see it picks it up in the logs, it just sends no response..

if im trying (manually) to connect to any open wifi, the pineapple will pick it up and will steal the connection.

but i want the pineapple to steal the connection initiated by the beacon request, and i can see it picks it up in the logs, it just sends no response..

Are you saying when you have a wifi profile saved on your windows computer setup to open and auto connect.

your computer is not able to auto connect on it's own?

In that case maybe your near other wifi your computer remembers? sometimes a device will connect to a encrypted AP over an open AP.