Persistence On Backtrack 5

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I've decided this is the OS I want to use on a flash drive with the pineapple... also this OS has a lot of useful features I can use at work for troubleshooting.

Ok, so I'm trying to get Backtrack 5 to be persistent on a 32gb flash drive. I have tried several programs like unetbootin and lili USB creator. They install backtrack just fine, but when it comes to actual persistence, that doesn't seem to happen. I've re-sized partitions once I set lili USB to have 4gb persistence (used gparted to make a new primary partition called casper-rw per this site). Casper-rw is indeed persistent at that point, but nothing on the OS is. I've also tried the guide on backtracks site, but I could not get it to boot (also dont really need full disk encryption).

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Am I over complicating things or expecting too much out of this project?

Sorry I reread my post and realized I wasn't too clear. I am not trying to use backtrack on the pineapple itself, just my laptop. I left out the fact that I can no longer do ICS on my laptop due to restrictions. So, I want to use backtrack because it has a pretty robust suite of networking tools.

Edited by genghis_tron

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I've decided this is the OS I want to use on a flash drive with the pineapple... also this OS has a lot of useful features I can use at work for troubleshooting.

Ok, so I'm trying to get Backtrack 5 to be persistent on a 32gb flash drive. I have tried several programs like unetbootin and lili USB creator. They install backtrack just fine, but when it comes to actual persistence, that doesn't seem to happen. I've re-sized partitions once I set lili USB to have 4gb persistence (used gparted to make a new primary partition called casper-rw per this site). Casper-rw is indeed persistent at that point, but nothing on the OS is. I've also tried the guide on backtracks site, but I could not get it to boot (also dont really need full disk encryption).

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Am I over complicating things or expecting too much out of this project?

I have had pretty good results using the guide you sited above at Infosec Ramblings. I boot the Live CD in Virtual Box and install to an SD card I use on my ASUS eee netbook. I have been using the above guide since BT4.